Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many words

+2
Sarah
Maggie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many words - Page 2 Empty Re: How many words

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Shahira wrote:
Sarah wrote:You can try what I do, I tell myself that I'm going to edit one chapter a day and then I make myself sit down and do it. I guess it depends on how many chapters you have but maybe it would help Smile and thanks!
That actually sounds like a good idea. Smile Thanks for the suggestion. It's not so overwhelming when I think about it in sections, you know?

No problem Smile I know what you mean, I kept thinking how am I supposed go edit a 57k story?! it seemed a lot easier when I started thinking of it as 18 chapters, its funny how that works!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Sarah wrote:
No problem Smile I know what you mean, I kept thinking how am I supposed go edit a 57k story?! it seemed a lot easier when I started thinking of it as 18 chapters, its funny how that works!
Yeah it really is. Very Happy You're writing YA Paranormal right?
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Shahira wrote:
Sarah wrote:

Yup Smile What about you?
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Sarah wrote:
Shahira wrote:
Sarah wrote:

I'm also writing YA Paranormal. Mine deals with vamps & werewolves but it's a little different than the usual vamp & werewolf story(I think.) Very Happy What's yours? If you don't want to say I understand. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Shahira wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Shahira wrote:
Sarah wrote:

I'm also writing YA Paranormal. Mine deals with vamps & werewolves but it's a little different than the usual vamp & werewolf story(I think.) Very Happy What's yours? If you don't want to say I understand. Smile

That's soo cool! I love vamp and werewolve stories, Expecially when it's a whole new spin on the idea! Mines a whole different type of paranormal, its not anything thats been made up yet, so explaining it hard, but I'm going to be querying soon so I'm super excited for it Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 pm

I hope mine ends up being something that not very many people have read. &yours sounds really intriguing. I bet it's awesome. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Shahira wrote:I hope mine ends up being something that not very many people have read. &yours sounds really intriguing. I bet it's awesome. Smile

I bet it will! And thank you!!!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Sarah wrote:
Shahira wrote:Scheduling is something I seriously need to work on. &my sleep schedule is so bad right now. No

But my current WIP is about 58,000.
affraid <-- is how I feel when I think about editing that sucker...lol.

That's awesome!
That is sooo how I feel when I think of editing anything anymore. Normally I would just write a story and just call it 'done' because it was really just practice for me. I just started editing my WIP's and omg I had no clue how hard it was! I hope the editing goes smoothly! (and quickly Smile )
…I enjoy editing. And not just the rewriting, but the line-by-line, as well. Am I the only one? Shocked (If this makes more sense, I plan to be a copyeditor someday--just shows how weird I am.)
Renée
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm

That's not weird at all. Smile I actually didn't mind it back when I'd write a few pages then edit/rewrite because it's not so much to do. I just think I'm overwhelmed with all the pages.

&yeah, you gotta like editing to be a copy editor. Laughing
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Renee wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Shahira wrote:Scheduling is something I seriously need to work on. &my sleep schedule is so bad right now. No

But my current WIP is about 58,000.
affraid <-- is how I feel when I think about editing that sucker...lol.

That's awesome!
That is sooo how I feel when I think of editing anything anymore. Normally I would just write a story and just call it 'done' because it was really just practice for me. I just started editing my WIP's and omg I had no clue how hard it was! I hope the editing goes smoothly! (and quickly Smile )
…I enjoy editing. And not just the rewriting, but the line-by-line, as well. Am I the only one? Shocked (If this makes more sense, I plan to be a copyeditor someday--just shows how weird I am.)

lol, not weird, actually that is very very good! I wish I liked editing more! Copyeditor sounds cool, I always considered being an agent if I didn't become a writer.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2