Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunger Games

+5
Mayaah
Sarah
Renée
Amanda
Maggie
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hunger Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 pm

I felt sorry for him, until he tried to kill Katniss(At that point I was still only at strong dislike, so attempts on her life––not okay Razz). Then I didn't like him until I knew why he'd done it(that was all of... two pages later?), then I felt sorry for him again. I just kept reading cause that's what I do––I can't stop reading a book unless it's absolutely TERRIBLE. And even then, if it's part of a series, I can't give up on it if I've already invested so much time into its prequels.
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Mmm. I was kinda a Peeta fan all along, if you didn't notice. xD How could you not like him? I'm really curious why. He's so perfect, and always says the right thing!? Yeah, when he tried to kill her is when I started crying. Sad I just could not BELIEVE that could happen!
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:17 am

I did indeed notice. And I totally respect that––you're obviously better at reading people than me, considering my favorite guy ended up as some weird heartless tactician. Razz
I quote my first post on this discussion: "I kinda liked Peeta, but Gale(besides his turn to cold-hearted in the last book) is generally the kind of character I like better. I prefer the ones that do, not the ones that talk through it(Ironically, I'm definitely the latter)."
There's nothing wrong with him, and it's not that I don't like him. He was a talker, not a doer. I liked him at the end, though. That counts, right?
Yeah... My jaw dropped. Peeta, trying to kill the girl he adores? Talk about a twist.
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. All through book 1 I was a little torn between Gale and Peeta. I liked Gale because he was gorgeous and her best friend, and I'm all about the marry-your-best-friend. But then as the books went on I felt that Peeta deserved her more and more. He just LOVED her, the way every girl wants to be loved, haha.

It was a cool twist. Razz I took notes, hehe. Even though it was really upsetting for me, LOL!
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:59 am

I can picture it:
You sitting, sobbing, getting tear stains on your book page and note paper as you scribble away furiously with your notes.
Razz
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

LOLOL! Yes to the tearstains on the book, no to the notes. I took mental notes. xD

Seriously though, it was one of those situations where you're praying no one opens the door and finds you in that state. xP

I'm looking forward to the movie. Is it wrong to get my hopes up?
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Nope! I get my hopes up over books-to-movies all the time(usually to have them crushed miserably Razz Eragon being case in point).
I'm pretty excited about it! I hope it come out over in Korea, or I'll have to wait even LONGER. Crying or Very sad
Do you think they'll do the sequel books too?
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigid Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

I always feel like I'm the only person who's not so crazy about these books. I've read them all and thought they were okay, but ... I didn't sympathize much with any of the characters, I didn't love Suzanne Collins's writing (although mostly the only thing I didn't like about it was that she uses way too many fragments), the plot was kinda repetitive, and the end felt anti-climatic to me.

I understand the appeal ... I just wasn't feelin' it. I've read dystopia/warfare books that I found much more powerful.
Brigid
Brigid
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:52 pm

I agree with her plot and writing style, Brigid. I never thought about it before (the writing...) but now I agree. I was totally hooked by book 1, but 2 and 3 would have sucked if it weren't for Peeta. He is THE ONLY reason I kept reading.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigid Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Indeed. The first book was definitely the best, and then it went rather downhill. I also thought Peeta was the most likable of the characters.

****SPOILER*****

So I was rather pissed off he was basically brainwashed the whole 3rd book...
Brigid
Brigid
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2