Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Alarm clock mistakes O.O

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Happy Tuesday everyone! What's new?

So on Tuesdays I have to get up early because I leave early for my classes at my tutorial, right? So last night I took special care to set my alarm for 6AM to give me time to snooze and all, and somehow missed that I set it for 6:59 while trying to loop the minutes around to 00 again. Shocked

So at 6:59 I had the awful experience of waking up and shooting out of bed because I had the potential to be late. Ugh. Not a fun way to get up! But I did make it to class on time.

How many of you have done this before?

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Sarah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I seriously have nightmares about stuff like that lol. I think that's happened to me twice, once my alarm clock went off at the right time but I slept through it, and the other time I accidentally set if for 7pm instead or 7am. The funny thing is that unless I'm super tired and haven't gotten sleep in a while, I'll just think about the time I want to wake up and I'll wake up on my own at that time. It's actually kinda weird.
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 pm

That is serious talent. But you know I think my body has trained itself to wake up anyway because (despite this morning) I set my alarm for 7:30 the other day intending to give myself a snooze after being up late the night before, but my eyes popped open at 7am. Shocked

LOL, I've set me alarm for 6 or 7pm too. Razz

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Renée on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm

This has happened to me several times. Once, I forgot to set the alarm, and the other time I slept through both of them! I was about an hour late to work those times. I don't think it's ever caused me to be late for school, though--I'm very particular about being on time for school. When I think I'm running late for school, I pop right out of bed, adrenaline rushing through my veins. (I'm consistently late for pretty much everything else, which is why a mostly-stay-at-home job, like an editor, is perfect for me.)
avatar
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Renee wrote:This has happened to me several times. Once, I forgot to set the alarm, and the other time I slept through both of them! I was about an hour late to work those times. I don't think it's ever caused me to be late for school, though--I'm very particular about being on time for school. When I think I'm running late for school, I pop right out of bed, adrenaline rushing through my veins. (I'm consistently late for pretty much everything else, which is why a mostly-stay-at-home job, like an editor, is perfect for me.)

An hour late! Oh, I think I would really die if that happened. Crying or Very sad

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Shahira on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 pm

I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM. But since my mom rocks she usually calls me if I'm not up by a certain time lol. I do have times when I'm super tired & I just sleep right through my alarms. &then there are the times when I wake up like 3 minutes BEFORE my alarm is supposed to go off. Suspect
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Shahira wrote:I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM. But since my mom rocks she usually calls me if I'm not up by a certain time lol. I do have times when I'm super tired & I just sleep right through my alarms. &then there are the times when I wake up like 3 minutes BEFORE my alarm is supposed to go off. Suspect

Man, I wish my mom would do that. ^^ I could have used it this morning!

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Sarah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Shahira wrote:I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM. But since my mom rocks she usually calls me if I'm not up by a certain time lol. I do have times when I'm super tired & I just sleep right through my alarms. &then there are the times when I wake up like 3 minutes BEFORE my alarm is supposed to go off. Suspect

Man, I wish my mom would do that. ^^ I could have used it this morning!

lol, same! My mom wakes up my brother and sister everyday, but not me, so if I don't get up she seriously won't notice, and won't until I'm screaming about being late and how I can't believe she didn't notice I wasn't awake (kinda unfair of me, but when you wake up an hour after your alarm clocks supposed to go off, you're not really thinking rationally lol)
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Sarah wrote:
lol, same! My mom wakes up my brother and sister everyday, but not me, so if I don't get up she seriously won't notice, and won't until I'm screaming about being late and how I can't believe she didn't notice I wasn't awake (kinda unfair of me, but when you wake up an hour after your alarm clocks supposed to go off, you're not really thinking rationally lol)

LOL! Why not you? I think my mom got tired of me resisting her (brutal) wake-up calls (turning on lights, fans, pulling my blankets off) so she gave up. Shocked And now I need them!

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Sarah on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 am

My brother is exactly like that, my mom would go in to wake him up and he'd still be asleep 20 mins later. She stopped waking me up because I would be awake by the time she came in my room, so she sort of gave up lol
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 am

Sarah wrote:My brother is exactly like that, my mom would go in to wake him up and he'd still be asleep 20 mins later. She stopped waking me up because I would be awake by the time she came in my room, so she sort of gave up lol

LOL! Yeah, she gave up on my brother a lonnnggg time ago. ^^

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum