Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Go down

Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Happy Tuesday everyone! What's new?

So on Tuesdays I have to get up early because I leave early for my classes at my tutorial, right? So last night I took special care to set my alarm for 6AM to give me time to snooze and all, and somehow missed that I set it for 6:59 while trying to loop the minutes around to 00 again. Shocked

So at 6:59 I had the awful experience of waking up and shooting out of bed because I had the potential to be late. Ugh. Not a fun way to get up! But I did make it to class on time.

How many of you have done this before?

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alarm clock mistakes O.O

Post  Sarah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I seriously have nightmares about stuff like that lol. I think that's happened to me twice, once my alarm clock went off at the right time but I slept through it, and the other time I accidentally set if for 7pm instead or 7am. The funny thing is that unless I'm super tired and haven't gotten sleep in a while, I'll just think about the time I want to wake up and I'll wake up on my own at that time. It's actually kinda weird.
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 pm

That is serious talent. But you know I think my body has trained itself to wake up anyway because (despite this morning) I set my alarm for 7:30 the other day intending to give myself a snooze after being up late the night before, but my eyes popped open at 7am. Shocked

LOL, I've set me alarm for 6 or 7pm too. Razz

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm

This has happened to me several times. Once, I forgot to set the alarm, and the other time I slept through both of them! I was about an hour late to work those times. I don't think it's ever caused me to be late for school, though--I'm very particular about being on time for school. When I think I'm running late for school, I pop right out of bed, adrenaline rushing through my veins. (I'm consistently late for pretty much everything else, which is why a mostly-stay-at-home job, like an editor, is perfect for me.)
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Renee wrote:This has happened to me several times. Once, I forgot to set the alarm, and the other time I slept through both of them! I was about an hour late to work those times. I don't think it's ever caused me to be late for school, though--I'm very particular about being on time for school. When I think I'm running late for school, I pop right out of bed, adrenaline rushing through my veins. (I'm consistently late for pretty much everything else, which is why a mostly-stay-at-home job, like an editor, is perfect for me.)

An hour late! Oh, I think I would really die if that happened. Crying or Very sad

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 pm

I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM. But since my mom rocks she usually calls me if I'm not up by a certain time lol. I do have times when I'm super tired & I just sleep right through my alarms. &then there are the times when I wake up like 3 minutes BEFORE my alarm is supposed to go off. Suspect
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Shahira wrote:I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM. But since my mom rocks she usually calls me if I'm not up by a certain time lol. I do have times when I'm super tired & I just sleep right through my alarms. &then there are the times when I wake up like 3 minutes BEFORE my alarm is supposed to go off. Suspect

Man, I wish my mom would do that. ^^ I could have used it this morning!

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Shahira wrote:I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM. But since my mom rocks she usually calls me if I'm not up by a certain time lol. I do have times when I'm super tired & I just sleep right through my alarms. &then there are the times when I wake up like 3 minutes BEFORE my alarm is supposed to go off. Suspect

Man, I wish my mom would do that. ^^ I could have used it this morning!

lol, same! My mom wakes up my brother and sister everyday, but not me, so if I don't get up she seriously won't notice, and won't until I'm screaming about being late and how I can't believe she didn't notice I wasn't awake (kinda unfair of me, but when you wake up an hour after your alarm clocks supposed to go off, you're not really thinking rationally lol)
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Sarah wrote:
lol, same! My mom wakes up my brother and sister everyday, but not me, so if I don't get up she seriously won't notice, and won't until I'm screaming about being late and how I can't believe she didn't notice I wasn't awake (kinda unfair of me, but when you wake up an hour after your alarm clocks supposed to go off, you're not really thinking rationally lol)

LOL! Why not you? I think my mom got tired of me resisting her (brutal) wake-up calls (turning on lights, fans, pulling my blankets off) so she gave up. Shocked And now I need them!

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 am

My brother is exactly like that, my mom would go in to wake him up and he'd still be asleep 20 mins later. She stopped waking me up because I would be awake by the time she came in my room, so she sort of gave up lol
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 am

Sarah wrote:My brother is exactly like that, my mom would go in to wake him up and he'd still be asleep 20 mins later. She stopped waking me up because I would be awake by the time she came in my room, so she sort of gave up lol

LOL! Yeah, she gave up on my brother a lonnnggg time ago. ^^

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down