Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrote a chapter!!

3 posters

Go down

Wrote a chapter!! Empty Wrote a chapter!!

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Okay, I just surprised myself. I wrote a chapter!! Out of the blues I just started and then did it-- I finished! I can't believe it. I hoped to put my spring break to good use, and this is a great start!

Hope everyone else, besides Sarah and now me, got some writing done! Very Happy
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wrote a chapter!! Empty Re: Wrote a chapter!!

Post  Sarah Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Woohoo!!! That's awesome *happy dances for you* I hope I put my spring break to good use like you! Is it a new WIP or is it the one you were trying to get to chapter 10 on?
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 pm

It's the one I'm trying to get chapter 10 on! That was just Chapter 7 so I'm close!! Very Happy Only these are shorter chapters than I usually do..so I'm wondering if I should make the minimum 15 or so. We'll see. I'm still determined to finish it, even if I hate it later. xD
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Yay! Your getting closer! We're going to make you finish at least ten, and then after ten we're going to make you go to 15 and then after 15 we... Well you get the point, we'll help you get the book finished Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Haha, THANK YOU! I really hope I do. I've been a bit distracted lately. Laughing
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Anytime Smile it's your spring break, you got to just chill out for a few days before starting stuff otherwise it's not as much of a break Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 pm

You're right, haha. And I just found out I don't have to go to work tomorrow so that means I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn. *cheer*
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Yay! That's something to be super happy about! I've never had to get up early for work, my parents both own their own businesses so I've always worked for them (which means getting up when I want to) but next summer I have to get a real job and I'm dreading getting up early.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow! How cool they have their own businesses. That's an awesome way to start out working! Yeah, it's not too bad. I only work once or twice a week anymore, it was worse the first half of the year, but I'm thinking I'll be getting a summer job a grocery store this year and I'm definitely dreading THAT. Shocked
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah, nothing like being 7 years old and spending three hours a day in the fields cause it's "good for you" lol It would be an awesome way to start out working if they didn't start me out so early haha. Ugh, that sounds awful! I think I'll either be a life guard (hopefully not because that job scares me) or maybe try working at some food place. Oh! Or better yet, maybe the library will hire me! *looks hopeful*
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

LOL! Being a lifeguard scares you? I'd love to be one, except I'm not a very good swimmer and never take the time to learn. Crying or Very sad I'd have to first take lessons and THEN go through the lifeguard training before I could even think about saving someone's life. :/

I've thought about a job at the Library. There's even public transportation I can take there, so it would be much cheaper than gas, but I'm afraid I'd die of boredom. I love books, but it's SO QUIET. I don't know... you'd think as a writer I would want to do that, but it doesn't appeal to me. *shrug*
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:37 pm

It really does, cause I went through junior life gaurding and they kept talking about how careful you have to be because the person you're trying to save will most likely try to drown you and that's how a lot of people die (cause they are so panicked) and you have to be able to do CPR correctly, even if they are already dead like this one girl I knew had to, and if they drowned or something then its your fault. That's scary stuff! Lol

I love my library, but that probably has something to do with the fact that it was actually built to be a library (most are just put into buildings) the teen section is amazing, it's got huge glass windows in all the walls, which over look the most amazing view and you can bird and butterfly watch, they also have this comfy room with huge cozy chairs and a fireplace. And they display different art from local people all the time Smile I would have so much fun! Lol
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:41 am

Wow! That is scary. Sad See I don't think I could handle the guilt if someone's death were over my head like that, from an innocent day at the pool or something.

I am officially jealous of your library. That sounds like the dream place to be! My library is in a pretty nasty building. It's very quiet and pretty stuffy...like it's made for you to hang out, but all the chairs are really stiff like they don't want you to stay. And the YA section sucks. They don't have any of today's popular books except the huge, huge hits like Harry Potter. They don't even have Hunger Games. :O So I can never count on it to have what I want.. unless I request it. :/

I wish my library was like yours, haha. That sounds so amazing! I'm seriously wishing I could go right now.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 am

Me either!

Yes, my library is amazing, like it even has a whole shelf for new releases so I can read the most popular books just a few months after they come out. I'll go the the bookstore and then go to my library and half the books will be the same, which I love. But like I said, it was build specifically to be a library and they did an amazing job with it, they even have a salt water tank with little Nemo fish haha
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:14 pm

That's so awesome! About the chapter. Haha, I'm pretty jealous of you guys--my Spring Break was the second week of March. All that extra time, gone, because I was stuck in a rut and trying to catch up in school. Still trying to catch up in school, of course, but the rut is basically gone. Smile

And as for being a lifeguard, I have some pretty passable swimming skills(especially for being in Alaska), but I would never wish for that kind of responsibility. And having to wear a swimsuit all the time? Not for me. I like being dry and fully clothed, thanks, lol. Laughing
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:28 pm

I can't imagine having to spend my spring break doing school work. That really sucks! I'm glad your out of the rut, I hate when I get stuck on something.

Same here, I'd never want to be a lifeguard, and the more I talk about it, the better the library job sounds lol
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Heck, if I had a library like that, I would work there any day. You should totally apply, and do it before the summer rush of job-hunting teens. xD

Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Lol, that's a good idea! I'll see if I can Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down