Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

It's Wednesday!! Woot! :)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Wednesday!! Woot! :)

Post  Maggie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:30 pm

The worst part of the week is over for me. I just love Wednesdays. AND, to make things better, my Algebra teacher informed me that we have exactly 3 weeks left of classes and then one more where we come in to take the final only.

Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about that. Very Happy It's been the craziest school year of my life and I will be so glad to wave goodbye.

Anyway, enough about me. What's new in everyone's lives? Is there light ahead as far as school goes? How's the writing coming? I've got none done this week because it's been busy and I've been using my spare time to read manuscripts for people (which isn't bad either).

I'm ready for summer. Agreed?

*stares at all that typing*

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Wednesday!! Woot! :)

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I can't wait for summer to come and this year to finally be over!!! I have exactly 37 more days left, and I think it says something about this year because this is the first time I've ever counted the days until school ends lol. I haven't been getting much writing done either :/ My teachers have been not nice coming back from spring break. Not joking, on my first day back they made me write three papers, attend three hours of class connect (which they don't count as part of the school day) and a test. and that was just Monday. And then I was critiquing for someone, and then a book came out and I forced my brother to drive me to the bookstore so I could sit in it and read it (which I don't think is wrong cause I actually bought the book, it just doesn't come in for a few more weeks xD). Hehe, I'm just gonna keep writing excuses until I feel justified in my non-writing Smile. Sorry you aren't getting writing done because you're reading peoples MS's Rolling Eyes

I'm sooo ready for summer! I think its decided that I use the first month of it to work on my MS and then I'm going to start querying (can't remember if agent's query in the summer, but even if they don't then I'll have it ready to go for fall Smile)
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:01 pm

YES, this. Lizzy, you get out of school ridiculously early. Sarah, agents do take queries in the summer, unless they decide to take a hiatus, but that's agent-by-agent.

I'm super ready to be done with school, but that's mostly because I'm so sick of my college and excited to transfer Smile
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:07 pm

@Taryn Thanks Very Happy
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Ah, to be in school.

I don't really mean that. At all. Razz But everyone else mentions how they're so excited for summer cause they'll get to relax... But once summer hits I'm gonna get BUSY. After I move back in with my mom(I've been staying with my sister this semester to help her out), I'll be getting ready to move to Korea––packing, selling stuff, helping get our passports/visas, etc. If I don't do it, it won't get done––Mom's working full-time.

Oh, and I have CLEP tests to take all summer. As many as I can before I flee the country.

Let's just hope my writing time won't get lost in the craziness.

Biggest exciting thing coming up?!
I am moving to Korea at the end of this summer. Cool
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm SO ready for summer. Mine starts May 6th. I will have two and a half weeks of blessed peace, before my mother(an elementary school teacher) and brother(the vexation of my existence) get out of school and start their summer. When they're home, the TV's on, which is terribly annoying whilst trying to write/practice music/any other creative pursuit. I hope to finish rewrites in that time period, so my mom can pass on the last half of my MS to the betas(read: teachers) at her school who are awaiting the end of my novel. I hear they're all wanting a copy before summer vacation, which I expected, since the first half I gave them ended at a climactic, emotional scene, because I'm evil and calculating like that. Twisted Evil
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Sarah wrote:I can't wait for summer to come and this year to finally be over!!! I have exactly 37 more days left, and I think it says something about this year because this is the first time I've ever counted the days until school ends lol. I haven't been getting much writing done either :/ My teachers have been not nice coming back from spring break. Not joking, on my first day back they made me write three papers, attend three hours of class connect (which they don't count as part of the school day) and a test. and that was just Monday. And then I was critiquing for someone, and then a book came out and I forced my brother to drive me to the bookstore so I could sit in it and read it (which I don't think is wrong cause I actually bought the book, it just doesn't come in for a few more weeks xD). Hehe, I'm just gonna keep writing excuses until I feel justified in my non-writing Smile. Sorry you aren't getting writing done because you're reading peoples MS's Rolling Eyes

I'm sooo ready for summer! I think its decided that I use the first month of it to work on my MS and then I'm going to start querying (can't remember if agent's query in the summer, but even if they don't then I'll have it ready to go for fall Smile)

Three papers!? A test!? All on MONDAY!? Sheesh! Your teachers... *shakes head* But yeah, this is the first year I've counted down, too. :[ It's not been easy!

Haha! I LOVE how you got your brother to drive you to the book store! For being so busy, you got a remarkable amount done! *jealous* Can you teach me that skill? Wink

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Taryn wrote:YES, this. Lizzy, you get out of school ridiculously early. Sarah, agents do take queries in the summer, unless they decide to take a hiatus, but that's agent-by-agent.

I'm super ready to be done with school, but that's mostly because I'm so sick of my college and excited to transfer Smile

Let me explain. My tutorial classes end in three weeks. My other classes (the ones I do at home by myself) do NOT end. There are some things (*cough* History *cough* French *cough* English) that will carry on possibly all summer (French will, for certain). So I'm just dropping two classes in three weeks, one of those being the much-hated Algebra class, so that will lighten my load considerably and feels like vacation to me. xD

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:32 pm

WriteSpinner wrote:Ah, to be in school.

I don't really mean that. At all. Razz But everyone else mentions how they're so excited for summer cause they'll get to relax... But once summer hits I'm gonna get BUSY. After I move back in with my mom(I've been staying with my sister this semester to help her out), I'll be getting ready to move to Korea––packing, selling stuff, helping get our passports/visas, etc. If I don't do it, it won't get done––Mom's working full-time.

Oh, and I have CLEP tests to take all summer. As many as I can before I flee the country.

Let's just hope my writing time won't get lost in the craziness.

Biggest exciting thing coming up?!
I am moving to Korea at the end of this summer. Cool

*gapes at you* M-m-moving to Korea!? How on earth ... ? You make it sound so easy! Are people supporting you financially or do you have family over there?

But yeah, I guess a crazy summer doesn't sound like relaxing but oh is a crazy one so much better than a boring one! Last year I experienced boredom for pretty much the first time in my life because I wasn't writing, we didn't go on vacation or to the pool or anything and all my friends left on fun trips that I couldn't afford to go on. So the most boring summer of my life was born, and I intend to never let it happen again! xP

But REALLY! You're seriously MOVING!?!? Man, if I could I'd move to France right now. Or just go spend the summer there!

Summer for me is looking like relaxing, writing, reading, vacation, and then after vacation a summer job. :/ But that's ok. I don't mind working, so long as it's not school work! xD

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Sarah wrote:I can't wait for summer to come and this year to finally be over!!! I have exactly 37 more days left, and I think it says something about this year because this is the first time I've ever counted the days until school ends lol. I haven't been getting much writing done either :/ My teachers have been not nice coming back from spring break. Not joking, on my first day back they made me write three papers, attend three hours of class connect (which they don't count as part of the school day) and a test. and that was just Monday. And then I was critiquing for someone, and then a book came out and I forced my brother to drive me to the bookstore so I could sit in it and read it (which I don't think is wrong cause I actually bought the book, it just doesn't come in for a few more weeks xD). Hehe, I'm just gonna keep writing excuses until I feel justified in my non-writing Smile. Sorry you aren't getting writing done because you're reading peoples MS's Rolling Eyes

Three papers!? A test!? All on MONDAY!? Sheesh! Your teachers... *shakes head* But yeah, this is the first year I've counted down, too. :[ It's not been easy!

Haha! I LOVE how you got your brother to drive you to the book store! For being so busy, you got a remarkable amount done! *jealous* Can you teach me that skill? Wink

I know right!!! This year has been the worse one ever and I dread next year because I know it's going to be ten times worse :/

Haha, I begged him Smile He doesn't like it when I'm mad at him so he took me so I wouldn't get upset Very Happy haha, I couldn't believe it either. I was expecting Tuesday to be such a hard day with school (cause I had papers and tests that day too :/) but I made myself sit and do it all without any breaks and I finished school in a little over two hours Very Happy
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Awesome!! Two hours for the win!! Very Happy

And I love how you said "He doesn't like when I'm mad at him" -- that made me chuckle. xD

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Aww, your brother puts up with your bibliophilic habits! That's nice Smile

And I'm totally the girl who sits in the bookstore for hours reading. In fact, in between prelims and finals at my state swim meet, I read three books each day in the B&N. It was heaven.
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:55 pm

@Lizzy I know! I wish I could do that every day!

LOL, well it's true! Very Happy might have something to do with the fact that I'm very revengeful.... Twisted Evil

@Taryn LOL, at the end of the day my brother loves me Very Happy and he really is a cool brother, he has no imagination at all but I think he might just be the one person in the house that doesn't question my crazy writing habits Smile (or if he does he doesn't mention it to me Smile)

I would be in heaven! That would be just plain amazing!!!
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Well, if you're ever in Washington, I'll totally take you to a book store Razz

In other Wednesday news, Kiersten White @replied me on twitter today Very Happy haha I'm a fan girl
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Lizzy wrote:*gapes at you* M-m-moving to Korea!? How on earth ... ? You make it sound so easy! Are people supporting you financially or do you have family over there?

But yeah, I guess a crazy summer doesn't sound like relaxing but oh is a crazy one so much better than a boring one! Last year I experienced boredom for pretty much the first time in my life because I wasn't writing, we didn't go on vacation or to the pool or anything and all my friends left on fun trips that I couldn't afford to go on. So the most boring summer of my life was born, and I intend to never let it happen again! xP

But REALLY! You're seriously MOVING!?!? Man, if I could I'd move to France right now. Or just go spend the summer there!

Summer for me is looking like relaxing, writing, reading, vacation, and then after vacation a summer job. :/ But that's ok. I don't mind working, so long as it's not school work! xD

LOL Lizzy!! Did you think I was joking when I mentioned it before? Yes, I'm moving to Korea. I don't have family over there, and the only financial support from the States will be the child support check Dad sends Mom every month anyway.

*takes breath before launching explanation* See, Mom is gonna teach English over there. My 9 yr-old brother and I are going with her(It was my idea Very Happy) We'll be staying(hopefully) two years.
It's far from easy. Mom has to get a TESL(Teaching English as a Second Language) certificate, then apply for a job placement, then we have to get visas and passports(both are VERY lengthy, complicated processes). And Mom wants to get rid of all the stuff in our house until the remaining junk fits in one storage space. I dare say the last one will be the hardest task.
Huh. That didn't take as long as I thought. Razz

So... Yeah. I really am moving to Korea. I'll eat bulgogi and listen to K-Pop and attempt to speak Korean and my first boyfriend will be Korean... Okay, so I'm hopeful. Can you blame me?

I guess I'm more of a slow-going person, since I was homeschooled most of my life. Slow summers are totally fine with me(because that meant I wasn't doing school during the summer). I somehow always find something to do––usually reading or writing Smile.

I bet you could spend a summer in France––or at least a couple weeks. There are all sorts of programs that encourage that kind of thing. You should see if you can find one and plan for next summer or something!
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

@Taryn Yay! I just wish Washington wasn't on the entire opposite end of the country for me :/

Oooh whose that?
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Whew. That was long...!
Anyway.

Way to go on finishing in two hours, Sarah!! That's awesome!! I wish one of my older brothers cared if I was mad at him. Razz

@Taryn Lol! I love it/am totally embarrassed when I have fan girl moments. It happens quite often, actually... Razz
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 pm

@Sarah. OMG. You haven't read Paranormalcy? Also, she has one of the best blogs out there.

Paranormalcy: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 pm

@WriteSpinner Thank you Smile haha, my brother knows better than to get on my bad side which is the only reason he cares if I'm mad at him Very Happy

@Taryn No, whats it about? *goes to check out blog*
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:33 pm

@Sarah: vampires and werewolves and faeries and mermaids and gremlins and humans and water sprites and hags and---

Oh, you wanted a helpful description? Other than the Amazon link above, I guess I can tell you it's about a girl who works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency (IPCA) because she can see through the glamours of paranormals, but then someone starts killing paranormals, and she finds out she might not be quite as human as she thought.

Also, there's hot boys and kissing.
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Lol Sarah! Not even my little brother is afraid of me. Razz
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 pm

@Taryn It looks sooo good!!! I think I might just break down and buy it tomorrow Very Happy

@WriteSpinner LOL! I have my siblings trained good, they never want to get on my bad side. I'm not mean or anything, but I can hold a grudge and they always need me, the one perk of being the middle child Smile
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Lol! You should give me lessons sometime. Very Happy
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Haha, hey I'm willing to tell you my secrets as long as you promise to use them for evil not good Twisted Evil LOL
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Hum... I'll get back to you on that. Evil takes a lot out of a gal. Razz
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down