Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

happy Tuesday! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Maggie on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Hey writer friends! First, I really love you guys. Razz Second, how's everyone doing? What's up this Tuesday?

I had classes, which pretty much sucked because my allergies have picked today to finally slam me. :/ I've been waiting for it. It's that time of year where there's a coating of yellow pollen in all the grooves of the bricks on my front porch. Ugh. Ugh. UGH. I hate pollen!

But besides that, not a bad day. What about you?

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Taryn on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:28 pm

lol Lizzy--check your forum :p
avatar
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Seattle / Lexington

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Sarah on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm

lol, this is in the announcements section Very Happy

I haven't been doing anything fun today Sad I just finished the last four of the 12 essays I had to write. Yay! Unfortunately I have to write another 11 next week :/. And then I'm going to try to answer emails later tonight after the test chat (hopefully) but at least that's fun Very Happy

Haha, I've been dealing with allergies since January for some odd reason, I finally gave in and started taking allergy medicine.

Oh, and on top of all that it's been raining here for three days straight lol, gotta love the spring.
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Amanda on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:38 pm

But now it's in General! lol. I saw it in Announcements and thought I'd save my reply for when you fixed it, in case stuff gets deleted with moves. I know nothing of forums and their ways. Rolling Eyes

Hmm...I do believe it's Tuesday...I'm getting lots of classwork done. Gov. and Psych. We finally got to the interesting part of Psych, but it's the shortest unit. Sad They spent several weeks on the biology of perception, but we're spending four very short little lessons on personality and development. It's sad. But it also means I have less work, so it's a give and take.

Then I have my Physics class later today, & it's right back to work on the above mentioned classes. Oh, and guitar and voice and piano practice. Gotta have my music. Smile

And I did something writing related! Last night, I played Le Tango De Roxanne(from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack) to get myself into the thought process of jealousy(from a man-perspective) for this first scene I'm integrating that particular emotion into. I hate it when books take themselves too seriously, so I've made these emotions so subtle that only I pick up on them, b/c I know they're supposed to be there, lol.

So this is fun, trying to get the right balance between overdoing it and really under-doing it, while retaining a sense of masculinity. Because I don't want him to be a girl. Men can have emotions, too! It's just much harder for me to decide which ones are acceptable, and which ones are too feminine. I really need a man-reader. *sigh* But I'll be really embarrassed if I give my stuff to this guy I know and have gotten it totally wrong. Ahh, decisions, conundrums, and heartbreak.
avatar
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Maggie on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Sarah wrote:lol, this is in the announcements section Very Happy

I haven't been doing anything fun today Sad I just finished the last four of the 12 essays I had to write. Yay! Unfortunately I have to write another 11 next week :/. And then I'm going to try to answer emails later tonight after the test chat (hopefully) but at least that's fun Very Happy

Haha, I've been dealing with allergies since January for some odd reason, I finally gave in and started taking allergy medicine.

Oh, and on top of all that it's been raining here for three days straight lol, gotta love the spring.

Thanks! LOL. I am distracted today, can you tell? LOL

12 essays. *dies* *dies again for you* I'm now officially counting the days till summer for your sake as well as mine!

Since January? NO FUN! Rain? NO FUN EITHER. Ok, I'm officially done complaining about school and allergies and anything else. Wink

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Maggie on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Amanda wrote:But now it's in General! lol. I saw it in Announcements and thought I'd save my reply for when you fixed it, in case stuff gets deleted with moves. I know nothing of forums and their ways. Rolling Eyes

Hmm...I do believe it's Tuesday...I'm getting lots of classwork done. Gov. and Psych. We finally got to the interesting part of Psych, but it's the shortest unit. Sad They spent several weeks on the biology of perception, but we're spending four very short little lessons on personality and development. It's sad. But it also means I have less work, so it's a give and take.

Then I have my Physics class later today, & it's right back to work on the above mentioned classes. Oh, and guitar and voice and piano practice. Gotta have my music. Smile

And I did something writing related! Last night, I played Le Tango De Roxanne(from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack) to get myself into the thought process of jealousy(from a man-perspective) for this first scene I'm integrating that particular emotion into. I hate it when books take themselves too seriously, so I've made these emotions so subtle that only I pick up on them, b/c I know they're supposed to be there, lol.

So this is fun, trying to get the right balance between overdoing it and really under-doing it, while retaining a sense of masculinity. Because I don't want him to be a girl. Men can have emotions, too! It's just much harder for me to decide which ones are acceptable, and which ones are too feminine. I really need a man-reader. *sigh* But I'll be really embarrassed if I give my stuff to this guy I know and have gotten it totally wrong. Ahh, decisions, conundrums, and heartbreak.

Wow! That's so neat! And I TOTALLY know what you mean. Find an online man-reader then (*chuckles at the word*) who you won't have to face afterward. xD

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Sarah on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 pm

Lizzy wrote: Thanks! LOL. I am distracted today, can you tell? LOL

12 essays. *dies* *dies again for you* I'm now officially counting the days till summer for your sake as well as mine!

Since January? NO FUN! Rain? NO FUN EITHER. Ok, I'm officially done complaining about school and allergies and anything else. Wink

Haha, it's fine. Actually it took me a second to figure out what Taryn was talking about and then I was like Oooh this got out in the announcements section. LOL, I've been distracted too.

I know! I hate college work. Hate, Hate, Hate it. And since they're online classes I don't even get the bonus of hot college boys Sad haha. At least until I get my license and can drive myself to the campus.

I know! Haha, you always say that when I tell you what I'm doing, I'm really good at complaining Wink
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Taryn on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:20 pm

@Amanda: Sounds like you're super busy! You can ask Scribbler for help--I'm sure he's lurking around here somewhere.

@Sarah: You poor girl! And you still seem bubbly! Well, good luck. And hot college boys? WHERE? Haha Smile
avatar
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Seattle / Lexington

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Sarah on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:36 pm

@Taryn LOL! Thanks, and hey, I've seen them when I went to the one campus class I went to haha Smile
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Amanda on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 am

I'll start looking for a man-reader when I've finished working on the emotions in this first scene. Lol, I love making 'man' a prefix. It just sounds funny. Man-purse, man-reader, and my personal favorite, man-chapter, for my one chapter that has only the male perspectives. Laughing

...Hot college boys? Intrigued. Razz

Ooh! And in my psych class, I took a personality test, and found out I have the same personality type as C.S. Lewis, my literary hero. Very Happy We're both "The Mastermind"(INTJ). It sounds so delightfully devious... Twisted Evil
avatar
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Sarah on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 am

Writing from a guys perspective is soo hard! I tried it in first person (re-writing the novel I already wrote but in the guys perspective) I didn't even get past the first page because it got to hard to continue trying to think like him haha So with that in mind I'm super impressed! Go stalk libraries, there's bound to be guy readers your age lol (maybe I'm just saying that because my libraries right next to a high school... Smile)

lol, I swear there are hot ones! Well, at least a few Very Happy

That sounds like so much fun!! I love those tests! *wants to take one now* haha it does sound devious.
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Maggie on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:45 pm

@Sarah LOLOL! That was funny! Hot college boys, oh LOL! Man. xD

@Amanda Man-chapter! LOL! Favorite.


________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Amanda on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 pm

@Sarah--This is the test that I took, and once it gives you your scores, it links to a couple websites that tell you more about your type, and one that has a long list of famous people that have/had the same personality as you Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Sarah on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 am

Thank you Very Happy *goes to take it*
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Constance on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:13 pm

@Amanda & @Sarah, I took it! Smile I got the ISJF one. I'm like Agatha Christie and Mother Teresa. *fist pump* Yes! Smile
avatar
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 689
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 22
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: happy Tuesday! :)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum