Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Write On! Suggestions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Write On! Suggestions!

Post  Maggie on Wed May 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Some of the most valuable feedback and opinions come from you, the Write On! community. That's why we're opening this thread to give you an opportunity to suggest any and all ideas you've had or have for Write On!.

What would you like to see more of? Less of?
What would make you happy?
When it comes to events, what would you definitely never miss?
Is there a unique forum you'd like to see open?

Those are just a few questions to get you started. Express yourself freely! We're always open to and looking for new ideas.

Last edited by Lizzy on Wed May 11, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Write On! Suggestions!

Post  Taryn on Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 pm

*bounces*

YOU make me happy, Lizzy!

Also, this little wand-thing by the title of this post makes me happy.

Also, almost being done with classes makes me happy!

Oh, you mean things you can control . . .

WELL, I would like . . . more people. Awesome people. CLONE CONSTANCE, basically.

Sorry, I really am trying to be helpful, but when I get into train-of-thought mode . . .

I think the only thing I'd like is the opportunity to interact with mentors, but we're figuring that out already TOP SECRET OMG SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh! Maybe also a beta reader thread. NOT a critique partner thread (I think CPartnerships need to be based on an already established rapport), but more like a list of people who are willing to read a finished, partially revised MS/query/synopsis/short story or a list of people who need something read. You know? Does that make sense?

*goes back to bouncing*
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 pm

I love it the way it the way it is. I'm actually just commenting so Taryn can see my signature. Smile
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Thu May 05, 2011 8:37 am

Taryn wrote:*bounces*

YOU make me happy, Lizzy!

Also, this little wand-thing by the title of this post makes me happy.

Also, almost being done with classes makes me happy!

Oh, you mean things you can control . . .

WELL, I would like . . . more people. Awesome people. CLONE CONSTANCE, basically.

Sorry, I really am trying to be helpful, but when I get into train-of-thought mode . . .

I think the only thing I'd like is the opportunity to interact with mentors, but we're figuring that out already TOP SECRET OMG SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh! Maybe also a beta reader thread. NOT a critique partner thread (I think CPartnerships need to be based on an already established rapport), but more like a list of people who are willing to read a finished, partially revised MS/query/synopsis/short story or a list of people who need something read. You know? Does that make sense?

*goes back to bouncing*

You make me happy too, Taryn!

Yep, it makes total sense! And it's a good idea. I've been tossing around in my mind ways to work out critique partners / beta readers with no luck because I agree with you, it should be based on an already established rapport. However, a list like that might be the answer.

And yeah, we're working on mentors. ^.-

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Thu May 05, 2011 8:38 am

Constance wrote:I love it the way it the way it is. I'm actually just commenting so Taryn can see my signature. Smile

This makes me smile.

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 am

@Lizzy it makes ME smile TOO!! Very Happy

Now that I've slept, I look at Taryn's idea and I think it is awesome.
One question for the curious(er, me). Define rapport. And define how to establish a rapport. #toolazytofindadictionary #toolazytouseherbraintofigureitout (Long hashtags FTW!!! ...I don't think I got enough sleep.)
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Thu May 05, 2011 8:57 am

A rapport's like a close or good relationship with someone where you agree with each other and basically work well together. And I feel like that totally didn't do the word justice so I'm going to get the actual definition for you...

Here it is:

"A close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well"

There you go. And I guess you 'establish one' by just... getting to know someone well? Really clicking with someone? Ha!

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Thu May 05, 2011 9:08 am

Oh, you're wonderful, going to look in dictionaries when I'm too lazy too... Razz

So, like you and me!! And me and Taryn!! *likes her Write On! peoples*
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Thu May 05, 2011 11:51 am

Yes! Exactly like! Very Happy

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top