Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Thread for Querying Authors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thread for Querying Authors?

Post  AWriterGoneMad on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Do you think we could have a thread for querying authors? I know I can't be the only one getting ready to go on sub soon, and I just think it would be really nice if we had a little support group here. I think the AbsoluteWrite forums have something like this, but I like this place better. Smile
AWriterGoneMad
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.thenotsodailydiariesofawritergonemad.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread for Querying Authors?

Post  Authoress on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

You know, we could. I think I want to wait a few weeks and see how the community shapes up. I think there will be lots of good ideas thrown out, and I'll sit down with Lizzy and see which ones are best. Gotta be careful not to end up with, like, 450 different threads. Wink

And OF COURSE you like this place better! LOL <3
Authoress
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AWriterGoneMad on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Authoress wrote:You know, we could. I think I want to wait a few weeks and see how the community shapes up. I think there will be lots of good ideas thrown out, and I'll sit down with Lizzy and see which ones are best. Gotta be careful not to end up with, like, 450 different threads. Wink

And OF COURSE you like this place better! LOL <3

I completely understand. Just thought I'd mention it. What, my bias is THAT obvious? Smile
AWriterGoneMad
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.thenotsodailydiariesofawritergonemad.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Authoress on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:14 pm

TOTALLY obvious. Razz
Authoress
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:17 pm

I think it would be cool to have a writing support group, like it could talk about what everyone does when they get writers block (I sit and start at a wall until an idea comes to me, it surprisingly works relatively quickly!) and stuff like that. I also think it would be cool to have a discussion about how story ideas came to people, I'm always interested in how authors got the idea for a story in the first place so I think it would be fun to have a discussion about how we got our story ideas. Just some suggestions Smile and I like your querying idea A Writer gone Mad! I'm going to submit soon and I would love to have a query support group!
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Sarah wrote:I think it would be cool to have a writing support group, like it could talk about what everyone does when they get writers block (I sit and start at a wall until an idea comes to me, it surprisingly works relatively quickly!) and stuff like that. I also think it would be cool to have a discussion about how story ideas came to people, I'm always interested in how authors got the idea for a story in the first place so I think it would be fun to have a discussion about how we got our story ideas. Just some suggestions Smile and I like your querying idea A Writer gone Mad! I'm going to submit soon and I would love to have a query support group!

We're definitely going to work on a forum/support group for writers on sub. As for the discussion on how story ideas come to people, go start one in General! That's an awesome topic idea. Very Happy

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:29 pm

Cool I can't wait! And I'll go start it now Smile
Sarah