Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

QOTD Saturday May 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down

QOTD Saturday May 21

Post  Maggie on Sat May 21, 2011 11:31 am

It's my favorite day of the week!! And I'm hyper.

QUESTION: What are your favorite kinds of characters to create? What do you find yourself drawn to? What kind do you relate to? For both MCs and side characters.

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: QOTD Saturday May 21

Post  Taryn on Sat May 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Hmmmmmmm I love writing everyone. Mean people, mostly. My all-time favorite character is the best friend in my thriller (Lizzy and Constance: Maureen) because she's so self-centered and jealous and driven and loyal and fierce and totally comes through when needed.

I also had an old couple in my mystery who were SO MUCH FUN to write. They were always bickering, and they didn't work on the right side of the law (but they weren't bad), and they had awesome nicknames . . . *thinks about revising just to spend time with Ingles and Missy*

Other favorites . . . hmmm, my villain in my fantasy was awesome. Sometimes it's good to work out what true evil looks like.

When I read, I'm looking for people who aren't afraid to do things. I dislike the wimps and the tentative and the second-guessers.
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Sat May 21, 2011 5:11 pm

I like writing characters with issues--struggling with what right and wrong really are, and exploring the darker side of their personality before coming back to the light, so to speak. I also like writing truly evil villains, to explore what that means as well as give that chilling aspect of totally evil opposition to the story. Charismatic evil villains are even better. Twisted Evil I think the dialogue of characters with a more sarcastic sense of humor comes easiest to me, and sometimes I amuse myself, so it adds extra fun to the writing. Smile
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira on Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

I love writing characters who are struggling with a loss. Ones that have a lot of guilt. Or are going through some sort of depression. But I love side characters to be the total opposite. Super hyper & bubbly. As for my boys, I love them to be sarcastic. Or dark, mysterious &full of secrets. :]
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Sun May 22, 2011 2:30 am

Snarky characters are my favorite. Not truly mean or malicious. Just very snide. I don't relate to them... It's more like it's me channeling my inner thoughts. They say what I'd say to people if I had enough guts to.

I relate to the quieter characters. Or the slightly ditzy ones. Because... I can be both at times. Razz

But really, I like writing all kinds. Variety is super-fun. Smile
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayaah on Sun May 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Oh, goodness.
I have a problem with unsympathetic characters, which are seemingly the only kinds of characters I like to create because they intrigue me. I hate unsympathetic characters, so I do not know why I am drawn to write them. I like psychology, I guess, and I feel like the literary world is filled with sympathetic characters, so I wanted to explore and be different with my characters, but it's not quite working out.
Haha, so I guess that's the kind of character I like to create. ^^
Mayaah
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.twitter.com/mayaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top