Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Hey everyone... :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey everyone... :)

Post  Dragontamer on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:02 am

I'm sorry I haven't been more involved in this forum, I guess I just got busy and kinda forgot... *feels guilty* But I really like it here, so I'm going to be more diligent and more involved! Very Happy

I'm excited and wanted to share it with all of you, even though it has nothing to do with writing. It's about my school-room! I'm homeschooled, so it's a room in my house, but anyways, we just painted it today! *smiles and jumps for joy* Okay, it's not THAT big of a deal, but it's a blue color now (it was white before), and the color is called Blue Wave. It looks really nice. Smile

To talk about WRITING... I haven't done as much as I thought I would over the summer, but I have done some. I've been trying to edit one of my short stories so that maybe I can get it printed, (not published) but still not done with that yet.

I've also finished revising my second book, and am working on another story that's in first person point of view (which I've never done before). I'm not sure if it will be long enough for a book, but we'll see. Actually, only part of it is in first person point of view, because the reader and the characters in the story are reading this guy's journal, and in the following books/parts, it will be in third person point of view, following the characters mentioned earlier.

Anyways... How's everyone else's WIP's going?
Dragontamer
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey everyone... :)

Post  Maggie on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 am

Welcome back!!

Life is ALL ABOUT the simple pleasures! *is happy for you* Blue is my favorite color. I'll bet that'll make all the difference once school starts up for you again. Very Happy

I understand. I haven't got quite as much writing done this summer as I hoped. I underestimated the draw of the outdoors and fun things that come with summer. Hehe!

That sounds awesome!

My WIP's going OK, I guess. I'm at a place currently where I'm plotting and figuring out what happens next because I can't move forward until I have some kind of direction. Razz But it's good!

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Welcome back! Blue is awesome! Very Happy

My WIP is in the second-to-last editing stage. I've finished rewriting, and I've been editing as much as I can on vacation, but that's going really slowly. Smile Good luck!
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Your new, amazing, adorable picture makes my heart smile. I love you

Oh, my, goodness. BLUE. I LOVE BLUE!!!!!!!!

The way you're writing you story sounds cool! I think I'd be very confused if I tried that. Razz

I JUST finished my WIP a few days ago! I am UBER happy, especially cause it was my FIRST ever book that I actually finished.
Now I'm plotting a new story idea while I let G sit for a bit, and I think I might write this one in third. I'm opposite you; I've never done much writing in third. Should be interesting!
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragontamer on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Congratulations on finishing you're first book Constance! flower *hands chocolate cake with blue icing* I like blue too, it's one of my two favorite colors. The other is purple.

@Lizzy, I have plotting moments like that with my writing too. I find myself constantly thinking up ideas throughout the day. It's like the wheels in my brain are always working until I've figured out the perfect idea, and then I want to share it with everyone cause I'm so excited.

@Amanda, that's cool that you're almost done editing! What are you going to do when you're
finished?

Lol, I might as well ask everyone this question instead of putting it at the end of each section. Wink What are you're books about, and what are they called?
Dragontamer
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:06 am

@Dragontamer--After editing is complete, I'm going to send it out to my growing list of beta readers, which will hopefully include a boy by then, for a boy's opinion on my boy characters' voices, haha. And then I will take all their notes and opinions into account, revise as needed, and start querying! Smile

Also, my book is the first in a YA epic fantasy series, and it's called The Night, with elemental magic(called something else) fighting against magic, with the fate of the world(not Earth) hanging in the balance. You know, good vs. evil, save the world type stuff. Razz That's the book I'm editing right now.
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Dragontamer wrote:Congratulations on finishing you're first book Constance! flower *hands chocolate cake with blue icing* I like blue too, it's one of my two favorite colors. The other is purple.

@Lizzy, I have plotting moments like that with my writing too. I find myself constantly thinking up ideas throughout the day. It's like the wheels in my brain are always working until I've figured out the perfect idea, and then I want to share it with everyone cause I'm so excited.

Lol, I might as well ask everyone this question instead of putting it at the end of each section. Wink What are you're books about, and what are they called?

I know what you mean! Very Happy And blue is my first favorite color with purple being a close second too! Very Happy

I HATE explaining what my book's about. O_O Mostly because it ends up being really complicated to try to word. But it's called 'Sovereignty'.

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Welcome back!

I'm still making steady progress on my WIP; I've just started a '100 words for 100 days' challenge and it's keeping my accountable! I'm just past the 10K mark - only 70K to go! I'm writing an archaeological thriller (think Indiana Jones) based on the hunt for Excalibur.

What's your WIP about? You didn't say, did you?
Matthew
Level 5
Level 5

http://www.matthewdodwell.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragontamer on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 pm

@Lizzy, that's okay, you don't have to explain your WIP. The title is intruiging though! Very Happy

@Scribbler, wow, it must be hard to limit yourself to writing only 100 words a day. Is it a challange for a contest or just something you're challanging yourself with?

My WIP is a little complicated to explain, but I'll do my best to describe it. The first part of it is about a man named Stephen who was shipwrecked and finds himself on this island that's populated by Dragon's (I haven't come up with a better name yet Smile ) who are half human-half dragon. He befriends the Dragon's and learns about their culture and stuff.

Then one day a group of settlers come to the island and because they're afraid of the Dragon's, kill some of them. The leaders of the Dragon village blame Stephen, the guy who befriended them, for what happened and leave in order to escape the invading settlers, locking Stephen in a room so he can't follow. They disappear and are never heard of again, but one family left behind an egg for Stephen to raise (the Dragon's lay eggs, unlike humans). He feels like it would be wrong to raise it, because the Dragon's distrusted him, so he burys the egg along with his manuscript descrbing all about the Dragon's, so that someone else can find them (the egg doesn't hatch until you do a certain thing with it, so it can stay 'unhatched' for years without dying).

That's just the first part, but I'll stop there, I don't want to dump a whole long explenation on you guys Wink (even though it already IS a long explenation, lol. Sorry for that Neutral )
Dragontamer
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 am

Dragontamer wrote:@Scribbler, wow, it must be hard to limit yourself to writing only 100 words a day. Is it a challange for a contest or just something you're challanging yourself with?

Ack, I didn't explain the 100 words/day challenge very well, sorry. Embarassed What I mean is that the participants have to write at least 100 words each day. I aim for at least 300 words a day.

To answer your other question, it's not a self-imposed challenge or a contest - the host stopped writing for a few months while she moved house, and she asked if anyone else wanted to join her. It's a great way to make sure I get something written each day.

Hope that makes more sense.
Matthew
Level 5
Level 5

http://www.matthewdodwell.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:58 pm

*loves cake* Merci!
I love blue. And light blue, and dark blue. Any shade of blue, really Razz
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragontamer on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:00 am

@Scribbler, I see now. Still that sounds like a cool challange to join. Smile So do you have a title for you're book yet, or still just working on the story?

@Constance, I like any shade of blue too. Very Happy But I tend to be more of a 'dark color' person, so I like dark blue's a lot.
Dragontamer
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum