Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Writing muchly?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writing muchly?

Post  Maggie on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all. *waves* Are you writing much lately? Is summer too irresistible to spend writing?

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing muchly?

Post  Amanda on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

I've actually been doing more than I'd thought I'd be doing. My first few chapters needed new writing as well as lots of editing, and a couple of them are getting quite a bit longer than I wanted. Neutral So I'll probably send them to my horde of betas in their long format and ask them to keep a special eye on things that could be cut, if they would. Smile

And I should really start writing an outline-type thing for Book 2, so I can write it fairly well the first time, without running into places where I have no clue where to go next. But I kind of want to finish editing first, and do that while I wait for beta feedback...I keep wanting things to happen too fast, I guess. Faster than I'm capable of working, anyway. Rolling Eyes
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 pm

I've been writing quite a lot lately. I'm doing the '100 words for 100 days' challenge, so it's getting me writing everyday, and I'm making really good progress. I've worked out that if I keep writing the way I am I can have the rough draft complete by Christmas! santa

Amanda wrote: I should really start writing an outline-type thing for Book 2, so I can write it fairly well the first time, without running into places where I have no clue where to go next. But I kind of want to finish editing first, and do that while I wait for beta feedback...I keep wanting things to happen too fast, I guess. Faster than I'm capable of working, anyway. Rolling Eyes

I'm assuming that Book 2 will be a sequel to the book you're working on now. If not, just ignore me. I think it might be a good idea for you to work on a bit of an outline now, so you can place in any foreshadowing in Book 1 now while you edit, instead of at the end when you think you're all done. Just a suggestion!
Matthew
Level 5
Level 5

http://www.matthewdodwell.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 am

My brain is getting restless for lack of writing. I've been editing and hanging out in California where seclusion is frowned upon, and now that I'm home, I'm cleaning my house and am mentally exhausted from dealing with our house guest. I think I shall soon go mad from not writing--plots are haunting my dreams, and if I'm not planning my current project, I'm ruminating on the next! Shocked But that was all terribly dramatic and displaces the blame from my laziness. I don't think my habit of sleeping past noon is helping any. Smile

@Amanda -- I would thank you kindly for making that(those) Book 2(& 3) outline(s). You'll need to know what to include now to make it match Book 3. Plan ahead! Very Happy
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:27 am

Scribbler wrote:I'm assuming that Book 2 will be a sequel to the book you're working on now. If not, just ignore me. I think it might be a good idea for you to work on a bit of an outline now, so you can place in any foreshadowing in Book 1 now while you edit, instead of at the end when you think you're all done. Just a suggestion!
Book 2 isn't a sequel to the book I'm working on now, so I'll just ignore you. Razz Not a direct sequel, anyway--Book 3 is the sequential sequel, with the same characters and storyline, and will not be in my future for another year or so, unless I plan to write 2 & 3 simultaneously...which I might do, actually. In editing Book 1, I'm finding ideas foreshadowed that I forgot I was planning on implementing, so I should probably make an outline for Book 3 also, as Renee' says, instead of the bullet points in my head. Most of my foreshadowing are for later books, though, so...hmm, maybe I have a lot of more detailed, on-paper outlining I should be doing now.

Renee wrote:@Amanda -- I would thank you kindly for making that(those) Book 2(& 3) outline(s). You'll need to know what to include now to make it match Book 3. Plan ahead! Very Happy
You'll get them when you get them. It's more like you'll need to know what will match Book 3--I've already planned ahead. Without telling you. Mwhaha. Wink
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I have been writing more in the last few days than in a long time but that was because I wasn't sure about certain things that I am now so I am advancing at a good pace Smile I have friends who are being really useful because they are encouraging me to continue so that's what I have been doing Smile I recently have been spending a lot of time arround the place where the story starts, and have been going down back roads to get to know it of by heart Smile friends and family have been really helpful (I know that I am repeating my self lol), getting information for me when I could't get it myself, so that too is very important Smile Btw I might be coming to the US again in a year or two(I really want to) and that will also be a great help to getting further in the novel because a part of the story is in the US(this must be one of the longest posts I have written, even though it is very short compared to posts written by some people lol).
Stephen
Level 5
Level 5

http://scitteraire.sitew.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top