Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Where are you inspired? [to write]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where are you inspired? [to write]

Post  Maggie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm

I thought this one would be a fun topic because I've noticed this about myself. I get inspired with story ideas / scene ideas / new characters in the most random places, and through the most random things.

Driving is a big one. When I'm out on the road I guess I start thinking because I'm always reaching for that receipt and that pen in my purse so I can jot it down.

What about you? Where do you find yourself totally randomly inspired?

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where are you inspired? [to write]

Post  Amanda on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Lizzy wrote:Driving is a big one. When I'm out on the road I guess I start thinking because I'm always reaching for that receipt and that pen in my purse so I can jot it down.
Haha, I hope you're not driving and reaching for a receipt and pen at the same time. cyclops <-I got to use the cyclops! Anyway, I'm inspired by nature, like the night sky, wind, rain, fire, snow, all of it. The good-guy powers in my novel are elemental, so that's probably why. The dark and dreams are big, too--they make me feel all powerful and inspired, like I'm shaping the unknown. I bet I have some severe psychosis, and am revealing it all now... Razz
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Amanda wrote:I'm inspired by nature, like the night sky, wind, rain, fire, snow, all of it. The good-guy powers in my novel are elemental, so that's probably why. The dark and dreams are big, too--they make me feel all powerful and inspired, like I'm shaping the unknown. I bet I have some severe psychosis, and am revealing it all now... Razz

That's cool! Definitely cool. I love elemental powers. Laughing

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:58 pm

As annoying as it is, I get random spurs of inspiration really late at night. Especially when I'm RIGHT about to fall asleep. So I have to wake myself up again to write it down or type it up in my phone.
Sometimes I'll write the best poems half asleep &forget I even did so until I find it in my phone later on the next day. Laughing
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:44 am

Shahira wrote:As annoying as it is, I get random spurs of inspiration really late at night. Especially when I'm RIGHT about to fall asleep. So I have to wake myself up again to write it down or type it up in my phone.
Sometimes I'll write the best poems half asleep &forget I even did so until I find it in my phone later on the next day. Laughing

Ahh! Me too! I will lie awake in bed - naturally the night before I have to get up at 5AM for something - and my head will be spinning with a hundred ideas I needed earlier when I really was writing.

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayaah on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Oh, yeah! Car drives and that moment before you fall asleep ftw!
And I'm usually listening to music while I do so.
I also get inspired by the news. Especially those hollywood tv shows. I ask myself a lot of "What if"s and those questions are answered in the form of a plot bunny/twist.
Mayaah
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.twitter.com/mayaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:22 pm

@Lizzy I do hate those nights when you need to be up SUPER early but guess what? Your mind won't shut up long enough for you to fall asleep. &all those ideas are just there lol.

@Mayaah I never thought about getting ideas from those Hollywood TV shows but it sounds like it would work. Smile &music is also a good one.
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top