Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

MS love

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MS love

Post  Sarah on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm home from vacation! Which means I get to be on the forums more Smile Anyway, on vacation, because of lack of Internet for most of it, I pretty much just sat by the pool and edited. I noticed that I kept thinking how much work it was going to need but I just love it so much that I never once thought of giving it up. I think that means good things Smile Has that ever happend to any of you? Where you know it's going to be a ton of work but you love it so much that you don't care? And happy almost Christmas everyone!!!
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Re: MS love

Post  Amanda on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

That's how I feel about all my projects. Smile I don't think I've ever considered giving up on any of them…probably because I think through everything I start writing for a long while, to make sure I love it enough to stick with it, and that it's thought-out enough to work, i.e. no major plot holes or flaws in logic, ect.. Because I'm practical and a perfectionist, so I'm not going to put my heart and soul into something that's not ultimately saleable or enjoyable as an end product. Smile Bottom line: I think too much. Rolling Eyes Razz
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:18 pm

That's AWESOME! It's a really good sign if editing isn't hard. XD Unless you're one of those people that thrive on editing. Glad you had a good vacation, and merry almost-Christmas to you, too!! Very Happy

And to answer your question, no. That's never happened to me. I hate editing no matter how much I love the novel. XD

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:00 pm

@Amanda I thought of you and that novel you've been working on since you were 12 when I wrote this Smile I'm the same way, I have to really love a project before I start it but for me it can be easy to feel like it's never going to get anywhere about halfway through editing. I think I'd benefit from thinking more like you! Normally I go into stories with only a vague idea of where they're going and I just sort of make stuff up as I go. I wish I thought too much Smile

@Maggie It's still a bit hard and I don't really enjoy it but I love my story so much and I keep seeing all the potential in it that it's making me love my story more, you know what I mean? And thanks! I'm glad I had a good vacation too!
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top