Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are YOU reading?

3 posters

Go down

What are YOU reading? Empty What are YOU reading?

Post  Rachel Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Greetings, Writers On! Those of us at university are in the middle of some of the most intense weeks in the semester, and what better way to cope with stress over a long weekend than some chats about books? SO, world, tell me—what are some of the best books YOU have read recently?
Rachel
Rachel
Level 3
Level 3

http://rachelatarms.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

What are YOU reading? Empty Re: What are YOU reading?

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:54 pm

I can't believe I missed this post! Some of the best books I've read recently... Opal by Jennifer Armentrout, it's the third in the series and may be my favorite (in all honesty the first and the third are amazing, the second one, not as much as hoped). Also the Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, again it's the third in a series but the entire series is amazing! One that I'm looking forward to reading is Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. She's the author of the Lunar Chronicals which started with the book Cinder, which was really good! The only thing I'm nervous about is that Cinder had a huge cliff hanger and Scarlet starts off with new characters, but we shall see Smile

How about you Rachel? Any recommendations? I've been looking for some good books to read Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  inesnc Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:58 am

I've been re-reading Jane Austen's novels. I specially love "Pride & Prejudice" and "Northanger Abbey". The main characters are just so much like me! One is stubborn and decided just like me most of the time, and the other kind of reminds me of me a few years back, when I was really shy and would let others influence the way I see the world - sometimes I would see how great it is for its beauty, other times I would be too occupied admiring someone to even notice what's around me.
Now I'm reading "One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich. So far so good... But what do you guys think? (:
inesnc
inesnc

http://lilithcruz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 pm

@inesnc I love Jane Austen books! I haven't read any of them in a while though; I may have to go reread them now! Have you ever read Sense & Sensibility, I remember Pride & Prejudice being my favorite until I read that one Smile I haven't read Northanger Abby though, in your opinion is it as good as Pride & Prejudice? If so I'll give it a try. What is One for the Money about? I haven't heard of it before.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  inesnc Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 pm

@Sarah :
I think all of Jane Austen's novels differ from one another when it comes to the way of writing and how she uses subtle irony, and Northanger Abbey does have a different feeling towards it when compared to Pride & Prejudice, but I loved it nonetheless.
One for the Money is about a divorced 30-year-old woman who finds herself in need for cash fast and ends up taking a job as a bounty hunter for her cousin Vinnie. Her first catch is going to be Joe Morelli, the guy that took her virginity, wrote the details in a man's bathroom and didn't even call her again, so she hold a grudge against him. The book is actually quite funny and enjoyable, so I do recommend its reading. And it's a series, so you can pretty much follow her adventures while she gets better at being a bounty hunter. I'm currently reading book 2 (two for the dough). (:
inesnc
inesnc

http://lilithcruz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue May 14, 2013 10:28 pm

I'll give it a try then! I've loved everything I've read from Jane Austen so far so I'm sure I'll like it Very Happy

I've seen the movie version of that book! I didn't know it was a book first, that's really cool. Have you seen the movie? If so is it really different from the book?
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down