Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Proudest writer moment ever?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proudest writer moment ever?

Post  Maggie on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 pm

What's your best writing memory? Example: finishing a remarkable 3 chapters in one day.

I'm thinking my 1-week novel (it was 10 chapters) when I was about 11 is my best memory so far.

--Maggie--
blog - twitter - facebook
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Proudest writer moment ever?

Post  Amanda on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:11 pm

I think my proudest moment was when I edited something that had been bothering me so that I actually enjoyed reading it over. Shocked Haha, and then there was that time that I finished about 6k in two days, right before we left on vacation. Packing and writing got done! It was amazing! Razz
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Amanda wrote:I think my proudest moment was when I edited something that had been bothering me so that I actually enjoyed reading it over. Shocked Haha, and then there was that time that I finished about 6k in two days, right before we left on vacation. Packing and writing got done! It was amazing! Razz

Wow! Yay for multitasking.

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 pm

My best writing moment was probably when I finished my first novel. And I kept thinking while I was writing it how it wasn't very good and wondering how could I write that bad, and then I read it one month later and I was like wow! This is really good! I cant believe I wrote it! (I've now found that I feel that way every time I write a novel, so I stopped worrying about it Smile )
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Sarah wrote:My best writing moment was probably when I finished my first novel. And I kept thinking while I was writing it how it wasn't very good and wondering how could I write that bad, and then I read it one month later and I was like wow! This is really good! I cant believe I wrote it! (I've now found that I feel that way every time I write a novel, so I stopped worrying about it Smile )

Nice! I think when I finished my first "novel" (yeah, it was as long as one but doesn't count Shocked ) I didn't really get what it was like to experience writer's block and wondering if you'd finish your current WIP, so I didn't really FEEL the accomplishment. I was only 10.

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Lol, I wrote a mini novel when I was ten *considers finding and reading it* I didn't count any of my writing as my first novel until after I got knew and have had writers block cause that was the first one that I really had to work to write and finsh it (and it was the first that had an original idea, unlike my 10 year old one)
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Sarah wrote:Lol, I wrote a mini novel when I was ten *considers finding and reading it* I didn't count any of my writing as my first novel until after I got knew and have had writers block cause that was the first one that I really had to work to write and finsh it (and it was the first that had an original idea, unlike my 10 year old one)

You should definitely pull it out and read it! It would probably be hilarious. *thinks about digging up her own 10-year-old-mess*

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 pm

It would be! I think I'll do that sometime soon! I can remember bits and pieces of it but not much *starts looking for it because is now obsessed*
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 am

My proudest moment so far was those last few days of NaNoWriMo when I hit 50,000 words. I'd never written so many words to any one novel. &two weeks afterward, when I completed it, I felt pretty darn good too. Smile

If I had stories from when I was 10 I would definitely dig it up & read it. I have a little picture book I did in the 3rd grade about my pets which I sometimes I look at which is nice. Smile
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am

Shahira wrote:My proudest moment so far was those last few days of NaNoWriMo when I hit 50,000 words. I'd never written so many words to any one novel. &two weeks afterward, when I completed it, I felt pretty darn good too. Smile

If I had stories from when I was 10 I would definitely dig it up & read it. I have a little picture book I did in the 3rd grade about my pets which I sometimes I look at which is nice. Smile

Aww, that's so cute! And 50,000 words? Gold star to you! Did you know I'd never heard about NaNoWriMo until you guys started talking about it and I researched? Shocked

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:43 am

@Shahira aw that sounds so cute! I didn't start keeping my work until after I turned nine, I wish I did Sad. Wow, I am impressed everytime someone says they finished NaNoWriMo! I've been considering doing it this year since I decided not to next year.
@Lizzy, I first heard about NaNoWriMo in a blog by an author I liked. I was so confused because everyone started talking about how excited they were for it and I was like "umm what is it?" I think I might do it this year, maybe a bunch of us from the forum will do it and we can have a support discussion during that month Smile
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 am

Sarah wrote:@Shahira aw that sounds so cute! I didn't start keeping my work until after I turned nine, I wish I did Sad. Wow, I am impressed everytime someone says they finished NaNoWriMo! I've been considering doing it this year since I decided not to next year.
@Lizzy, I first heard about NaNoWriMo in a blog by an author I liked. I was so confused because everyone started talking about how excited they were for it and I was like "umm what is it?" I think I might do it this year, maybe a bunch of us from the forum will do it and we can have a support discussion during that month Smile

I think I'll do it this year too. And we can definitely have a support group! Very Happy

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Yay! That will be soo much fun! Smile
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

NaNo was such an amazing experience. I loved working under pressure, knowing that I needed to get that 1,667 words done daily. But we should all definitely do it this year. It'll make it so much more fun to have a support group. Smile
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 pm

We sooo should all to NaNoWriMo, it will be more fun as a group!
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Sarah wrote:We sooo should all to NaNoWriMo, it will be more fun as a group!

Agreed! And we can open a thread just for it so we can all cheer each other on. *getting excited*

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Yes! And then there will end up being multiple threads all things NaNoWriMo related! And we can show parts of our work as we go! *gets super excited and checks calandar to see how many days until November*
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Sarah wrote:Yes! And then there will end up being multiple threads all things NaNoWriMo related! And we can show parts of our work as we go! *gets super excited and checks calandar to see how many days until November*

Yes!! Oooh, I'm so excited now!

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

*checks site* 257 days. Shocked

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm

*yells at the calendar* Sad *apologizes because it's not it's fault* I wish it was earlier! I mean, it can't be almost 300 days away!!!
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Sarah wrote:*yells at the calendar* Sad *apologizes because it's not it's fault* I wish it was earlier! I mean, it can't be almost 300 days away!!!

That feels like forever from now. By then, though, the forums will probably be full of people and then more can join in. Smile *looking on the bright side*

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Ahhh! They even have hoodies and t-shirts that say NaNoWriMo. *drools* I'm such a sucker for things like that!

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Yeah, we'll probably have tons more people by then so it will be even more fun! Cause you know, the more the merrier lol
The sweatshirts and t-shirts can be our incisive to win! Like, if you reach your goal then you get to buy yourself one *goes to looks at the sweatshirts*
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Sarah wrote:
The sweatshirts and t-shirts can be our incisive to win! Like, if you reach your goal then you get to buy yourself one *goes to looks at the sweatshirts*

Totally! I'm so excited. I wish it weren't so far away.

--Maggie--
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Me too! They have a script writing one in march or April (can't remember which) but I don't write scripts Sad wouldn't it be fun to have a count down on here until NaNoWriMo? Like one of those widget things that ally Carter does.
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top