Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proudest writer moment ever?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Proudest writer moment ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Proudest writer moment ever?

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Yeah, it would be. I'm not sure where I'd put it though...
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Hmm, that is tricky! Anyone else reading this have any ideas? Lol well, we have plenty of time to figure something out if you decide to do it Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I'd like to! Maybe I could make an official post for it somewhere. *thinks*
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm

I think it would be so much fun! In a post would be cool! One of the ones that stay at the top of the discussion boards no matter what new discussions starts that way it's easy to find Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Sarah wrote:I think it would be so much fun! In a post would be cool! One of the ones that stay at the top of the discussion boards no matter what new discussions starts that way it's easy to find Smile

Yep! A sticky. I think I'll do that. I'll play around with countdown timers ... there isn't a copyable one on the NaNoWriMo site.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe you could do a contest around the blog! Like people can make really creative one and send it in to you and you could pick a winner. I don't know what the prize would be though.... Just a suggestion Smile I think I'm making a lot of work for you so I'll stop now lol
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Haha, I'm not sure whether to be excited for NaNo, or dreading it--it'll be my first attempt at 50k(I've been using the 'young writer's' NaNo, which lets you set your own goal...heh), and I'll be in college full time. But I also know what project I'm going to use. It's been floating around in my head for a while, and it should come to me pretty easily, because it's in first person. I think a countdown sticky would be a great idea. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Be excited! How high was the highest goal you set for yourself? Its going to be even more of a challenge for you being in college but at least it will give you a serious excuse to write instead of doing home work! Smile Can you tell us what the idea is about? If you can't then I totally understand, I'm one of those people that don't like talking about what I'm writing about.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Sarah wrote:Be excited! How high was the highest goal you set for yourself? Its going to be even more of a challenge for you being in college but at least it will give you a serious excuse to write instead of doing home work! Smile Can you tell us what the idea is about? If you can't then I totally understand, I'm one of those people that don't like talking about what I'm writing about.
I think the highest goal I set and completed was this last NaNo, and that was 20k--I have a very strong case of perfectionism, so that was really good for me. Embarassed The novel I'm thinking of working on during this NaNo is called Indigo, and it's a YA paranormal about a girl(named Indigo/Indi) who has the superpower of always being right(based on oracles back in ancient Greece), and how she becomes a villain. Dr. Horrible is a big inspiration for this project, if you've ever seen it. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 pm

that's still good! This year will teach you not to be as much of a perfectionist.... And to love edits and re-writing lol.
Wow that sounds really good! Maybe you can share some with us after your done writing it if you what Smile I've never seen that movie but now I really want too!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 pm

It's really funny and tragic all at the same time. And it's also a musical. Which makes it full of epic win. Razz Haha, I actually already wrote the first two chapters...the finished version will probably be closer to 80k, so I'll just leave out what I have in my word count. There'll be 50k to write, regardless. Smile I might actually plot! Shocked
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm going to go right for 50k. I'll probably write total crap, but at least I know I'll have a blast doing it. Very Happy I'll just have to reach the place mentally where I release myself to write that crap, and consider it a fun experience at the very least. Plus I really want an excuse to buy a NaNoWriMo sweatshirt. Laughing
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:43 pm

@Amanda wow 80k is a lot! And the book sounds soo good! It's going to be so much fun!!! Your going to plot? *gasp* hehe, I just started plotting for my stories. I was surprised that it actually makes everything so much easier because you still add stuff in that was never a part of the original plot but you can go back to it when your stuck and it gives you an idea for what you should do next Smile
@Lizzy haha that made me laugh, I know I have definitely reached that mental state before, it's not pretty but it truly is a lot of fun! Mostly because the story can be as outrageously impossible as you want. I think I might just do NaNoWriMo for the sweatshirt!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:54 am

Sarah wrote:@Amanda wow 80k is a lot! And the book sounds soo good! It's going to be so much fun!!! Your going to plot? *gasp* hehe, I just started plotting for my stories. I was surprised that it actually makes everything so much easier because you still add stuff in that was never a part of the original plot but you can go back to it when your stuck and it gives you an idea for what you should do next Smile
Thanks! I think it will be. Smile As for plotting, I usually have the beginning and end roughly in mind, with one or two major plot points in the middle, but nothing fancier than that. I think perhaps a more detailed outline might make NaNo a more enjoyable experience, haha.
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 am

Lol, maybe. That's normally what I have, I know the beginning and I know the end it's just the middle part that gets me, but I made myself sit down and plot for the book I'm working on now and its really been helping me out (mostly because I just name the people or things the chapters supposed to be about and then make it up from there, it just gives me a rough idea so it's works for me Smile )
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Ah! I missed all the NaNoWriMo talk! I think this years NaNo will be SO much fun if we all do it together. Smile I think everyone's goals are so reachable. It's just a matter of concentrating on the word count and not the quality of the writing.

Counting down days till November!!
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Haha, that's okay we can start the NaNoWriMo talk up again Smile It does sound like it's going to be a lot of fun!!!! I'm not sure if I'm going for the 50k or doing the young writers program and setting myself a lower work count yet. What are you going to do?
I've started counting the days until November too! Lizzy said she might put a count down on here!!! *gets super excited*
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Shahira wrote:Ah! I missed all the NaNoWriMo talk! I think this years NaNo will be SO much fun if we all do it together. Smile I think everyone's goals are so reachable. It's just a matter of concentrating on the word count and not the quality of the writing.

Counting down days till November!!

Totally! (about the word count, not quality) That's what I'm gonna do. I can't wait either!
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 pm

@Sarah How does the young writers program work? I did the 50K last year &surprisingly, it worked out really well so I'm going for that again. Smile Maybe even up the word count to 70k? We'll see about that though! I'm super excited too. Very Happy

@Lizzy We'll do it together & hopefully hit that 50K mark. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm

The young writers program is for ages 13-18 and it let's you set your own word count goal. They don't want you getting overwhelmed (or in my case over worked since I'm going to have a ton of college classes in November) I can't wait for us all to do it!!! *goes to check Lizzy's countdown widget*
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2