Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Favorite book ever?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Sarah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Welcome! Smile Lord of the Rings scares me ever since my parents decided it would be a good idea to take me to the movie when I was like 9 (can't remember what year they came out) Ugh, that creepy "my precious" guy still gives me nightmares lol

Oh no! LOL. That made me chuckle. The "my precious" guy...LOL! That's Gollum. I love Gollum. He makes me laugh and while he's creepy you also feel a bit sorry for him as his story unfolds. Laughing LOTR would have scared me at 9 too. My parents didn't let me watch it till I was ready...and even then I was a bit, just a bit, scared to sleep that night. Shocked

Lol the movie completely freaked me out! Oh, and my math teacher had posters of that Gollum guy on the walls of the class. I hated that class so much cause I sat right in front of it and it felt like it was watching me all class. Haha, okay, I'm gonna stop before you all say I need therapy
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Maggie on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Sarah wrote:
Lol the movie completely freaked me out! Oh, and my math teacher had posters of that Gollum guy on the walls of the class. I hated that class so much cause I sat right in front of it and it felt like it was watching me all class. Haha, okay, I'm gonna stop before you all say I need therapy

Awwww, LOL! Actually, when I was like 10 or so before I'd seen the movie, I had already seen pictures of Gollum. My mom has this the-making-of-Gollum book that describes how they did the effects and brought the character to life. I used to sit in the bathroom and look through it even though his face pretty much scared me. Laughing

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Sarah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Lol the movie completely freaked me out! Oh, and my math teacher had posters of that Gollum guy on the walls of the class. I hated that class so much cause I sat right in front of it and it felt like it was watching me all class. Haha, okay, I'm gonna stop before you all say I need therapy

Awwww, LOL! Actually, when I was like 10 or so before I'd seen the movie, I had already seen pictures of Gollum. My mom has this the-making-of-Gollum book that describes how they did the effects and brought the character to life. I used to sit in the bathroom and look through it even though his face pretty much scared me. Laughing

I grew up with a strict Disney upbringing lol, so to go from the Little Mermaid to Lord of the Rings, I don't think my parents quite thought it through haha
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Maggie on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Sarah wrote:
I grew up with a strict Disney upbringing lol, so to go from the Little Mermaid to Lord of the Rings, I don't think my parents quite thought it through haha

LOL! You know, I didn't see Little Mermaid until a year or two ago. Embarassed And I still haven't seen Pocahontas or The Hunchback or Mulan.....

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Sarah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Sarah wrote:
I grew up with a strict Disney upbringing lol, so to go from the Little Mermaid to Lord of the Rings, I don't think my parents quite thought it through haha

LOL! You know, I didn't see Little Mermaid until a year or two ago. Embarassed And I still haven't seen Pocahontas or The Hunchback or Mulan.....

Now way! My dad loves disney so much, Seriously, if he had to pick any place that we would go to for vacation every year then it would be disney, so he got us all the movies Smile Pocahontas is good, and Mulan is really good! I didn't watch the Hunchback because the guy gave me the creeps. I grew up with a lot of Scooby Doo too, which is my favorite childhood show Smile
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Maggie on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Sarah wrote:
Now way! My dad loves disney so much, Seriously, if he had to pick any place that we would go to for vacation every year then it would be disney, so he got us all the movies Smile Pocahontas is good, and Mulan is really good! I didn't watch the Hunchback because the guy gave me the creeps. I grew up with a lot of Scooby Doo too, which is my favorite childhood show Smile

Heck, I'd go to Disney every year too! I love Disney, I just didn't see a lot of them for various reasons when I was a kid and I'm still catching up. Just this past December my sister and I watched (and adored!) Anistasia. I can't believe I went so long without seeing it! Up until then I didn't even really know it existed.

Scooby Doo, though I never watched it, always kind of scared me. Scooby Doo's owner, that blonde guy...he scared me. I didn't like his face. LOL! I guess it's just as well we never watched it. Laughing

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Sarah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 pm

[quote="Lizzy"]
Sarah wrote:
Now way! My dad loves disney so much, Seriously, if he had to pick any place that we would go to for vacation every year then it would be disney, so he got us all the movies Smile Pocahontas is good, and Mulan is really good! I didn't watch the Hunchback because the guy gave me the creeps. I grew up with a lot of Scooby Doo too, which is my favorite childhood show Smile

Heck, I'd go to Disney every year too! I love Disney, I just didn't see a lot of them for various reasons when I was a kid and I'm still catching up. Just this past December my sister and I watched (and adored!) Anistasia. I can't believe I went so long without seeing it! Up until then I didn't even really know it existed.

Scooby Doo, though I never watched it, always kind of scared me. Scooby Doo's owner, that blonde guy...he scared me. I didn't like his face. LOL! I guess it's just as well we never watched it. Laughing [/quote


I've never seen Anistasia, but I've been wanting to, I recently saw the Princess and the Frog, it was surprisingly really good! Its one of my top Disney movies now!
My mom grew up with Scooby Doo, and since I had an older brother it was always on (he's two and a half years older than me so we always watched what he wanted to watch) Smile
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Maggie on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 pm

I just saw Princess and the Frog, too! But I didn't like it. The whole thing felt off to me. I loved the princes herself and the music was awesome, but I don't know...Didn't feel like a classic to me. Laughing

You should definitely watch Anistasia. I just LOVED it.

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Sarah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Lizzy wrote:I just saw Princess and the Frog, too! But I didn't like it. The whole thing felt off to me. I loved the princes herself and the music was awesome, but I don't know...Didn't feel like a classic to me. Laughing

You should definitely watch Anistasia. I just LOVED it.

I'll definitely check it out sometime!
avatar
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 905
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite book ever?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum