Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Hobbies & other interests

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hobbies & other interests

Post  Maggie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:10 pm

What are the ways you spend your time outside of writing and reading? What's your next biggest love?

For me I'm a photographer. I also love singing, dancing, making cakes (hee) and I have a big thing for horses though I can't afford horseback riding lessons. Shocked I guess that doesn't count as my "next biggest love" but eventually it will be.





________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Amanda on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Music, for sure! I sing and play guitar(used to play the viola), and I've been taking piano on and off for about a year now. Same with voice lessons. And I just got back into drawing with oil pastels, so there's another hobby, though I enjoy writing and music more. Smile
avatar
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Photography is awesome. &I want to take horse back riding lessons too! Lol we have a lot in common. Because I also can't afford them haha.

I've always wanted to sing but I totally suck. &I think I'm too clumsy to dance haha.

Well just this January we got a treadmill so I've been working out almost every day. I guess you could say it's one of my loves now. I never thought I'd enjoy running. Smile I also like cooking/baking, &I attempt to paint/draw which I'm not all that good at. Very Happy
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Amanda wrote:Music, for sure! I sing and play guitar(used to play the viola), and I've been taking piano on and off for about a year now. Same with voice lessons. And I just got back into drawing with oil pastels, so there's another hobby, though I enjoy writing and music more. Smile
What kind of oil pastels do you use? I want the ones that smear very easily but the ones I bought don't do that. :/ They're more like crayons.
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Maggie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Amanda wrote:Music, for sure! I sing and play guitar(used to play the viola), and I've been taking piano on and off for about a year now. Same with voice lessons. And I just got back into drawing with oil pastels, so there's another hobby, though I enjoy writing and music more. Smile

Cool stuff! You're creative. I play the guitar too! If you ever have any (easy) song recommendations I'd love anything I can get. Smile I love drawing too, I left that one out. Though I do mostly pencil artwork, I like oil pastels too.


________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Maggie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Shahira wrote:Photography is awesome. &I want to take horse back riding lessons too! Lol we have a lot in common. Because I also can't afford them haha.

I've always wanted to sing but I totally suck. &I think I'm too clumsy to dance haha.

Well just this January we got a treadmill so I've been working out almost every day. I guess you could say it's one of my loves now. I never thought I'd enjoy running. Smile I also like cooking/baking, &I attempt to paint/draw which I'm not all that good at. Very Happy

We do have a lot in common! One day when we're both published authors and can afford these things, it will be a different story. *sigh*

A lot of people say they're too clumsy to dance. You should see me. I run into things all the time and am always tripping over my own feet. Not very graceful at all. Shocked

I would actually love a treadmill, but neither of my parents are in to them so I guess it will have to wait until I have my own apartment.

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Shahira wrote:Photography is awesome. &I want to take horse back riding lessons too! Lol we have a lot in common. Because I also can't afford them haha.

I've always wanted to sing but I totally suck. &I think I'm too clumsy to dance haha.

Well just this January we got a treadmill so I've been working out almost every day. I guess you could say it's one of my loves now. I never thought I'd enjoy running. Smile I also like cooking/baking, &I attempt to paint/draw which I'm not all that good at. Very Happy

We do have a lot in common! One day when we're both published authors and can afford these things, it will be a different story. *sigh*

A lot of people say they're too clumsy to dance. You should see me. I run into things all the time and am always tripping over my own feet. Not very graceful at all. Shocked

I would actually love a treadmill, but neither of my parents are in to them so I guess it will have to wait until I have my own apartment.
Can't wait till we're published & we can afford things like horseback riding lessons & concerts lol.

Well, that sounds like me. Smile I'm always running into things too & I drop everything. What kind of dancing do you like to do?

I'm forcing my parents to be into the treadmill lol. I keep telling them that they need to eat healthier & exercise regularly.
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Amanda on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 am

Lizzy wrote:Cool stuff! You're creative. I play the guitar too! If you ever have any (easy) song recommendations I'd love anything I can get. Smile I love drawing too, I left that one out. Though I do mostly pencil artwork, I like oil pastels too.
I mainly play for church, but I've been known to dabble in the Beatles, and some of their songs have semi-easy chord progressions. As for drawing, I like pencil, too--I think pen/ink sketches are my favorite, though. I only take the pastel work seriously, so I usually end up having more fun with pen and pencils. Rolling Eyes

Shahira wrote:What kind of oil pastels do you use? I want the ones that smear very easily but the ones I bought don't do that. :/ They're more like crayons.
I use the Cray-Pas Expressionist ones--they're not the best of the best, but they're pretty high-end for the price. They smear reasonably well.

And I want horse-back lessons, too! I've been on a horse about three times, and it was amazing fun! Smile *sigh* Some day...
avatar
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Renée on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:26 am

What Amanda said, only replace viola with violin, and that's me. Minus the drawing & oil pastels. I prefer paints. Abstract acrylic paints. Very abstract. (My picture is an acrylic wash I did. I'm not sure if it's an ocean or mountains. Suspect)

Oh, and I like making coffee, though that's more of a job. Very Happy
avatar
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Maggie on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 am

Renee wrote:What Amanda said, only replace viola with violin, and that's me. Minus the drawing & oil pastels. I prefer paints. Abstract acrylic paints. Very abstract. (My picture is an acrylic wash I did. I'm not sure if it's an ocean or mountains. Suspect)

Oh, and I like making coffee, though that's more of a job. Very Happy

I wanted to play violin when I was a little girl. I don't think I could, guitar has been the first instrument I've actually kept working at. I still love violin though.

I like that picture! It's inspiring.

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:48 pm

@Amanda I'll have to look those up. Smile I had a friend recommend the ones from Wal*Mart but they just don't smear. :/

I went horseback riding as a kid but don't remember it very well. I definitely want to go again. Smile
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 pm

@Renee I love making coffee as well..but I like drinking it more. Laughing
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Renée on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 pm

@Lizzy--Aw, thanks! I like mysterious quality to it/the what-in-the-world-is-that? reaction. It didn't turn out the way I expected, but mistakes sometimes makes things better, right? tongue And yeah, I'd always wanted to play violin, and ended up doing it from 6th-8th grade. I kind of wish I hadn't dropped orchestra for guitar, even though I do love the guitar. I think I'll pick it up again sometime.

@Shahira--Yes, drinking coffee is good, but have you ever made coffee and drank it at the same time? Razz (That would be kind of hard, lol. And my place of work doesn't allow the baristas free drinks, even though every other coffee shop in the state does. *sigh*)

Oh, and I forgot--photography also holds a special place in my heart. I don't have a lot of practice, but I once took a picture of a dandelion that got put at the front of a slideshow. I think it makes up for my lack of drawing ability. Wink
avatar
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Amanda on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Yes, the art of making the perfect espresso is near and dear to me, though I am no longer a barista... I want to open a coffee shop someday. Smile
avatar
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Maggie on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Amanda wrote:Yes, the art of making the perfect espresso is near and dear to me, though I am no longer a barista... I want to open a coffee shop someday. Smile

What a lovely idea! I wish I liked coffee. No

________________________________________
"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams." ~Terri Guillemets

--Maggie--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

@Renee Do you at least get a discount on the coffee?? lol
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Renée on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:26 am

Shahira wrote:@Renee Do you at least get a discount on the coffee?? lol
Nope. Sad It's a sad, sad world.
avatar
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24
Location : Alaska

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Shahira on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 am

Aww..well that's not cool at all. No
avatar
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  AWriterGoneMad on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Um...art, karate, and working out. ^^
avatar
AWriterGoneMad
Level 2
Level 2

Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 24
Location : US

http://www.thenotsodailydiariesofawritergonemad.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies & other interests

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum