Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So tired ^^

+2
Shahira
Maggie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So tired ^^ - Page 2 Empty Re: So tired ^^

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 pm

@Amanda I think once I've mastered the acoustic I want to try my hand at the electric. Smile I've never played an instrument so for me it's extra hard. &my hands are, like, super small. So some notes are harder than others. Laughing

Haha it's funny because my sister asked me why I didn't name the guitar something masculine. But I just think of it as a girl, I guess? scratch
&you're not psycho!! I like your reasoning behind why you named him Percy. Wink
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:23 pm

I am also cursed with tiny hands! lol, it's not a curse when you have to reach into small spaces, but playing piano and guitar is quite the challenge. It's one of the things I miss about the viola--they have such skinny necks, it doesn't matter how long or short your fingers are. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 pm

How come you don't play viola anymore? &do you also play piano? I would love to learn the piano as well but I have a hard time with having to use both hands at once lol.

&yeah, having small hands isn't always a bad thing. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Shahira wrote:How come you don't play viola anymore? &do you also play piano? I would love to learn the piano as well but I have a hard time with having to use both hands at once lol.

&yeah, having small hands isn't always a bad thing. Smile
I played viola in school, and with the move to high school, we went from being able to have seven classes to only six, and I wanted to take a foreign language and guitar, which left no room for orchestra. Sad I really miss it sometimes, but overall, I'm happy with my decision. There's a lot more you can do with the guitar, if you get good. And I'm learning to play piano--I've been taking it for almost a year, now. I actually find it a whole lot easier than the guitar, because of my rhythm-deficient right hand, lol. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:46 pm

@Amanda Oh I see. Well you can always play it on your own. Smile I've actually heard that playing piano is easier to learn than the guitar, even if you don't have a rhythm-deficient hand lol. Very Happy Did you also take classes to learn the guitar? I found some pretty good YouTube videos that are lessons for beginners which I'm using now. If I can't teach myself, I'll move on to classes. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Shahira wrote:@Amanda Oh I see. Well you can always play it on your own. Smile I've actually heard that playing piano is easier to learn than the guitar, even if you don't have a rhythm-deficient hand lol. Very Happy Did you also take classes to learn the guitar? I found some pretty good YouTube videos that are lessons for beginners which I'm using now. If I can't teach myself, I'll move on to classes. Smile
I took a year of fingerstyle guitar, and have been teaching myself chords and strumming techniques sporadically. I'm currently taking a guitar theory class that is helpful for composing music, matching chords to melodies, improvising on the guitar, ect. So the answer is yes and no, lol.
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

Lol well that's awesome. Especially the class you're taking now. It sounds interesting. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 am

Shahira wrote:Lol well that's awesome. Especially the class you're taking now. It sounds interesting. Smile
It's very interesting! I know all about keys, modes, motives, (insert fancy technical term here) now! I feel all intelligent and stuff, lol.
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: