Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Movies?

+4
Sarah
Maggie
Stephen
Amanda
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite Movies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Movies?

Post  Shahira Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Favorite movie?? That's such a hard question lol.

I'm such a hopeless romantic..so Titanic has to be one of my favorites. Also LOVE The Notebook, Pearl Harbor. Very Happy
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Wow! All 3 of those are so romantic. Very Happy I forgot about Titanic. I wouldn't put it with my favorites, but it was pretty good. Smile
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 am

Lizzy wrote:Wow! All 3 of those are so romantic. Very Happy I forgot about Titanic. I wouldn't put it with my favorites, but it was pretty good. Smile
I just love Titanic. OOHHH..Star Wars NEEDS to be on the top of my list. Very Happy
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayaah Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:16 am

I loved Titanic, too, Shahira. I know some people who hate it, though I don't quite know why (if someone can enlighten me on this, I'd love to know). I think what really draws me to the Titanic isn't the love story, but the fact that it actually happened. The sinking, I mean, not Jack and Rose. xP I get such a horrible glimpse at how it might have been like for those people in the Titanic on that night, knowing they were going to die. Gah...it always gets me crying. And that scene with the band playing.

I love, love, love (old) Disney movies! You know, the classics like Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, A Bug's Life, and even some of the new ones like The Princess and the Frog and Tangled. Gosh, I love those classic, Disney movies. Wink Oh, and I like Anastasia (which frequently is misplaced as Disney) because that movie was my childhood!

I also like The Notebook and Audrey Hepburn movies like Roman Holiday. Smile
Mayaah
Mayaah
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.twitter.com/mayaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 am

@Maya I don't understand how people can hate it too. &yeah, the fact that it actually happened makes me like it more. It was so sad. Sad Plus, that song, My Heart Will Go On, gives me goosebumps because I always think back to all those people.

Ooh, I love those old Disney movies too. I grew up watching A Toy Story & was SO sad at the end of the 3rd movie. My favorite is probably A Lion King. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragontamer Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:55 am

@Shahira Star Wars is my absolute favorite movie series! I like Luke Skywalker best, along with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jin. Very Happy Which characters are your favorite?
Dragontamer
Dragontamer
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 am

Haha, I should probably answer my own question, huh? Smile I think my favorites right now are the ones that have the most emotional impact, which are Moulin Rouge(musical=huge plus) and Slumdog Millionaire. Inception and all the good superhero movies are some of my favorites, too. The Count of Monte Cristo...Pirates of the Caribbean...The Princess Bride...Galaxy Quest...the list keeps on going. Ooh, and I liked A Walk to Remember, to stick with the romantic theme. I actually haven't seen Titanic yet. Sad

For less serious stuff, I love the Disney classics--my favorite princess movie is Aladdin, and for non-princess stuff, The Lion King. As for newer animated, I really liked Up, Megamind, and Tangled. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 am

I love Lion King too, and I forgot about the Pirates movies. I used to be obsessed with them. Then I think I burned out because last time I tried to watch one I turned off the TV before I was even halfway through. :/
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:29 pm

@Dragontamer Luke was my favorite too! He was my childhood crush lol. I swear I'd only watch for him. But I think Episode 3 was one of my favorites. Smile

@Amanda You NEED to watch Titanic!
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm

I know! Once I finally see it, I'll automatically feel better about my life. Razz And as for Star Wars, I know I've seen all of them at least once each, though probably not in order. I liked the ones with Anakin the best...well, I mean, they pretty much all have Anakin, but Anakin as Anakin(the teenaged/young adult Anakin) and not Darth Vader, lol. I think I've officially overused the name 'Anakin' in this post.
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayaah Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:14 am

Shahira wrote:@Maya I don't understand how people can hate it too. &yeah, the fact that it actually happened makes me like it more. It was so sad. Sad Plus, that song, My Heart Will Go On, gives me goosebumps because I always think back to all those people.

Ooh, I love those old Disney movies too. I grew up watching A Toy Story & was SO sad at the end of the 3rd movie. My favorite is probably A Lion King. Smile

My Heart Will Go On - <3 That song!! Very Happy
I know, me too! I can connect with Andy so much because I have a (ahem) deep connection with some of my toys too. xP *embarrassed*.
Mayaah
Mayaah
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayaah Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 am

Amanda wrote:Haha, I should probably answer my own question, huh? Smile I think my favorites right now are the ones that have the most emotional impact, which are Moulin Rouge(musical=huge plus) and Slumdog Millionaire. Inception and all the good superhero movies are some of my favorites, too. The Count of Monte Cristo...Pirates of the Caribbean...The Princess Bride...Galaxy Quest...the list keeps on going. Ooh, and I liked A Walk to Remember, to stick with the romantic theme. I actually haven't seen Titanic yet. Sad

For less serious stuff, I love the Disney classics--my favorite princess movie is Aladdin, and for non-princess stuff, The Lion King. As for newer animated, I really liked Up, Megamind, and Tangled. Smile

Moulin Rouge!!! Awesome, it's so quirky and weird and the songs are amazing. My fave princess movie is Aladdin, too! Aha, I had a bit of a crush on Aladdin for a while. Embarassed I love the plot and think the characters and songs are fantastic. lol. xP
Mayaah
Mayaah
Level 4
Level 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:35 am

Mayaah wrote:Moulin Rouge!!! Awesome, it's so quirky and weird and the songs are amazing. My fave princess movie is Aladdin, too! Aha, I had a bit of a crush on Aladdin for a while. Embarassed I love the plot and think the characters and songs are fantastic. lol. xP
I use Moulin Rouge songs as warm-ups, for practice with emoting and dynamics in singing. Smile Haha, I'm with you on that Aladdin crush...lol. Laughing
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  sinyr Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 am

- The King's Speech is funny, well-made, and it's a great portrayal of a stutterer
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off is hilarious
- I love the books Where the Wild Things Are and
- To Kill a Mockingbird, and the film adaptions are great -
- and 12 Angry Men (I almost died when I saw it, I loved it so much, but I'm a freak)
- the Harry Potter movies are old favorites - they're like classics to me

oh, and Disney movies!!! ESPECIALLY The Lion King.
and maybe the Land Before Time movies Smile
sinyr
sinyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 pm

@Amanda Episodes 3 is the one with Anakin a lot older & Padme is preggo with Luke & Leia. Smile 4, 5 & 6 sometimes get frustrating to watch because they were made SOO long ago lol.

@Maya If I had toys from my childhood, I would have a special connection with them too! But those are long gone. Crying or Very sad
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Shahira wrote:@Amanda Episodes 3 is the one with Anakin a lot older & Padme is preggo with Luke & Leia. Smile 4, 5 & 6 sometimes get frustrating to watch because they were made SOO long ago lol.

@Maya If I had toys from my childhood, I would have a special connection with them too! But those are long gone. Crying or Very sad
Haha, thanks! Episode three is my favorite then. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2