Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finished my novel overnight!!!!

5 posters

Go down

I finished my novel overnight!!!! Empty I finished my novel overnight!!!!

Post  Maggie Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:15 am

Haha, April Fools! Wink Of course that's not possible. Anyone up to any pranking today?
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I finished my novel overnight!!!! Empty Re: I finished my novel overnight!!!!

Post  Constance Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:51 am

Nope. Just hiding from the world. I'm terrible at pranks. Razz
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:20 am

Wow Lizzy! I know scrivener was good at making you write but I didn't think it was THIS good! LOL, my mom and I saw these colored beads in a magazine that looked exactly like jelly beans. We were considering getting them and putting then in a bowl on the front table for my when my brothers friends came home, but we decided against it. They would probably be stupid and swallow them. Haha
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:39 am

WriteSpinner wrote:Nope. Just hiding from the world. I'm terrible at pranks. Razz

LOL! I'm terrible at keeping a straight face! xD
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:40 am

Sarah wrote:Wow Lizzy! I know scrivener was good at making you write but I didn't think it was THIS good! LOL, my mom and I saw these colored beads in a magazine that looked exactly like jelly beans. We were considering getting them and putting then in a bowl on the front table for my when my brothers friends came home, but we decided against it. They would probably be stupid and swallow them. Haha

LOL! I was going to say something about getting an agent, but I didn't want cry wolf and have no one believe me when I really do. Razz Haha! That's hilarious! They probably would though. It would be really funny, though!

This morning I totally fell for Gmail's prank. Rolling Eyes
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 am

Wait. What was Gmail's prank??
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am

They lied they had something called "Gmail Motions" where your camera on your computer picks up your hand motions and you no longer need a mouse or keyboard to send emails. They said there were different motions for everything, like sending an email, and typing certain phrases. I was all like "Noo! I like my keyboard! How can they do this?" And then I clicked to "get Gmail Motions" and a box opened that said April Fools.

I felt seriously gullible.

Ever since their prank a few years ago that they were going to start offering free printing of all your emails in colored ink, I have expected them. But this one STILL got me! I can't believe it. xD
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am

LOL that's funny! I never get those for some reason.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Bahaha, that's awesome. I would totally do the bead thing, and tell them not to eat it, and then watch when they try to chew them. I'm an incurable prankster. Wink But alas, I have not any new ideas--the friend I always play pranks on is moving, and she's real upset about it. I don't want to do anything that could send her over the edge. Crying or Very sad So I may settle for putting soap on the doorknob before my brother gets home. Dang! I have five minutes! I'll let you know how it goes. Very Happy
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:47 pm

aww that's soo sad, is she moving far? You'll still be able to call and email her at least.

LOL! tell me how it goes!

Btw, I saw that you and Renee won the contest!!!! Congrats!! Both of your entries were amazing and those two were my favorites! You must be so excited!!!! Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Sarah wrote:Btw, I saw that you and Renee won the contest!!!! Congrats!! Both of your entries were amazing and those two were my favorites! You must be so excited!!!! Very Happy
I saw your post and was like, yeah, right, it's April Fools. But then I was like--Sarah wouldn't do that to me--I must know! I checked, and then I started laughing hysterically. I didn't expect to win at all! It was totally for fun!

Lol, I am very excited, because no one has read any of it except Amanda. But now I must comb my first chapter a last time. Amanda said my character's there, so now all I have to look for is grammar and, you know, writing quality. Very Happy
Renée
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:06 pm

She's moving from down the street to a ~15 minute drive away. And it's an apartment instead of a house, so I can't hop the fence and be waiting at the glass back door in a Grim Reaper costume with a machete(April Fools joke of two years ago). It's sad. But not as bad as it could be. And I went with girly, vanilla scented hand sanitizer on the handle, and he didn't touch it! He got in without touching it. It was so lame. Sad But ce la vie.

I had the same reaction as Renee'! I was like 'This is April Fools...but Sarah wouldn't do this to me!' LOL. I've been putting off looking at the blog, so I would hurry up on here and be able to see the results, and then get on top of my school work. Rolling Eyes The suspense was pretty much killing me. Laughing
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Renee wrote:
Sarah wrote:Btw, I saw that you and Renee won the contest!!!! Congrats!! Both of your entries were amazing and those two were my favorites! You must be so excited!!!! Very Happy
I saw your post and was like, yeah, right, it's April Fools. But then I was like--Sarah wouldn't do that to me--I must know! I checked, and then I started laughing hysterically. I didn't expect to win at all! It was totally for fun!

Lol, I am very excited, because no one has read any of it except Amanda. But now I must comb my first chapter a last time. Amanda said my character's there, so now all I have to look for is grammar and, you know, writing quality. Very Happy

LOL, yeah that would be mean. I'm sooo excited for you! All of your entries were amazing and the one that won made me laugh soo much with the 3 different choices. I picked B, run out of the store Very Happy

That has to be so exciting having Authoress read it and everything! I think I would start obsessively editing to make it perfect LOL, luckily it sounds like yours is pretty much already there Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Amanda wrote:She's moving from down the street to a ~15 minute drive away. And it's an apartment instead of a house, so I can't hop the fence and be waiting at the glass back door in a Grim Reaper costume with a machete(April Fools joke of two years ago). It's sad. But not as bad as it could be. And I went with girly, vanilla scented hand sanitizer on the handle, and he didn't touch it! He got in without touching it. It was so lame. Sad But ce la vie.

I had the same reaction as Renee'! I was like 'This is April Fools...but Sarah wouldn't do this to me!' LOL. I've been putting off looking at the blog, so I would hurry up on here and be able to see the results, and then get on top of my school work. Rolling Eyes The suspense was pretty much killing me. Laughing

Aww well at least she'll still be close and she's not moving to another state or something! LOL, I'm never going to your house for April Fools day, I think that if I did what would get me the most is if you went to whole day making me think you were going to do someting but didn't.

He saw it? You should go hunt up some jelly bean looking beads and feed them to him instead then LOL

I know, I wish she posted them earlier because I've bee wanting to see who won. I was so excited when I saw it was you guys! And on top of that those were my favorites so I was super excited!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm polishing up my first chapter as we speak! Forget about school work!(Well, don't, but...you know, put it off a little longer.) My favorite of my entries was the mercenary one, but dark humor is my favorite kind(a la most Julian Smith videos on youtube), so that would be why. So I was a bit surprised that she chose the detective one, though it is my second favorite, for its dry humor. Very Happy So excited! bounce I'm probably not going to make any coherent statements for the next hour or so. Maybe I should put off editing... Razz

As for April Fools--the lame thing was that he didn't see it! Didn't even know it was there until I looked to see if it had dripped off or something. Our front door has a handle and a push-down tab thing, so instead of grabbing the handle(the sanitizer was on the underside of this), he just pushed down the tab and kicked it open without touching it. Sad I need to come up with something else now. Twisted Evil
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Amanda wrote:I need to come up with something else now. Twisted Evil
Yees. I love that smiley face--it's so...diabolical. Twisted Evil

*whispers* They're nodding in unison--plotting against us! pale
Renée
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 pm

LOL! that's how I would be! Forget homework, I won't need it once I become a big famous writer.... Yeah, doesn't really work that way haha.

Thats noo fun! You have to think of something amazing! And then share it on here Very Happy

I agree with Renee, that smiley face is diabolical.

Who's plotting against you?? Or are you plotting against him? Sorry, it's friday, my brains union haha
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 pm

@Amanda and Renee -- CONGRATS ON WINNING!!! I love how you both had the same reaction! xD

That's an awesome prank idea with the soap-- too bad he didn't touch it! That's totally what happens to me any time I try to prank anyone in my family. They just miss it. Or when I leave a note somewhere, that's the last place they go. Last time I left a note for my sister I stuck it on the sink expecting she'd go there to wash her hands when she came home. Of course, she came in the FRONT door instead of the garage door, and went right upstairs and used the upstairs bathroom to wash her hands! Figures. xP

Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down