Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School, +10*

+5
Amanda
Maggie
Matthew
Sarah
Constance
9 posters

Go down

School, +10* Empty School, +10*

Post  Constance Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 pm

So! I thought I'd ask, because I'm weird and curious like that. Who has started school? Or is going to start soon? Who never has school EVER AGAIN? (And if that is you, please share your secret. Razz)

Me, I've been doing some school almost all summer. (math, bleh) But I am starting some college classes next Monday; only three, because it's just dual enrollment and I can't have more than 10 hours. I'm excited, but sort of anxious. New experiences and all.

How bout you? Are you looking forward to anything about school? Or, *gasp* are you looking forward TO school? Shocked

*The +10 is just cause you have to have at least 10 characters for subject line. Rolling Eyes
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

School, +10* Empty Re: School, +10*

Post  Sarah Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:07 pm

I start college tomorrow and highschool the week after. I'm only take two college classes this semester and then three next one. I'm only looking forward to my college English class Smile. They say the teacher is really tough but that she turns you into a great writer, which is what I need and want.

School? Over the summer? O.O *gasp* *sends chocolate* that is not fun! I remember you mentioning you had to do that when you were being home schooled but I assumed it stopped since you graduated (You did graduate, right? I have the worst memory) Either way, I'm still sorry you had to do school over the summer!

You still have to have 10 characters for the subject line? I thought Lizzy fixed it so you could have less.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh, lucky! I haven't heard anything about my English teacher... I hope the same goes. O_o I hope she is, though. That'd be awesome for you. Very Happy

Yeah... TECHNICALLY, I am graduated. I've finished an online high school course. But... it was a FLORIDA online high school course, so it doesn't meet all the recs of Texas. So I still have more to do. Mostly math and science stuff. Bleh.

Oh. Did she? I was too lazy to actually check, but I assumed it was so. Razz
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm a quarter of the way through my university semester, but that doesn't really count as school, does it?

I'm a little confused about the US schooling system - why are you doing college *and* high school at the same time?
Matthew
Matthew
Level 5
Level 5

http://www.matthewdodwell.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 pm

@Matt Yeah, that counts. And I am so thrown off by you being 1/4 through already. O_O

Well, SEE... some high school students do dual enrollment (also known as dual credit), which is where you can take university classes, and they count towards your college degree AND your high school classes. So say I take a college-level English class. I can put that on my high school transcripts for English(probably as an honors class, methinks), but it still counts as the college credit you would get if you were just taking it like normal.
Dual enrollment is a really good way to get some of your basics out of the way before you actually go off to university. It's a lot cheaper than usual (classes are either discounted or, like with my university, free besides books). If you work really hard, you can get up to around two years of college out of the way.
But you can only do dual enrollment from... 16 to 18? Maybe 15. Basically, while you're in "high school". (With homeschoolers, though, we can take as many as we want until right before we turn nineteen and then declare ourselves graduated. It's AWESOME. Razz)

Wow, that was a longer answer than I meant it to be... This is my procrastination at its best. (I'm supposed to be putting up laundry and packing.)
Anyway. Did that make sense, or was it too convoluted?
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:39 pm

I started my chem class two to three weeks ago. It's class twice a week and homework for the other days. The rest of my subjects start on Monday, but it's going to be a light year. No math = A VERY HAPPY ME. Though college IS on the horizon, it's not in my immediate life.

Blech. School.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:31 pm

No school till next fall, and that's all there is to that. Smile Good luck to you all currently getting an education!
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 am

@Twin *smiles* I'm glad your year is going to be light. And you can make it through your chem class. I KNOW you can. Fighting!

@TEO *jealous glare*
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 pm

I go back to school beginning September. :/
Stephen
Stephen
Level 5
Level 5

https://www.youtube.com/alffbooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:10 pm

This is my 3rd week of school this semester. I'm only taking 3 classes at the university since I'm paying out of pocket for tuition. O_O College = way too freaking expensive.
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:47 pm

@Stephen Aww, it won't be too bad! (See my optimism there?? It's soooo rich coming from me!)

@Shahira IT IS. O_O Agreed, agreed, and AGREED. I already have plans that I'm just going to study and TAKE THAT ACT until I have scores high enough to warrant Super Awesome Scholarships. I'm already praying I can keep my sanity in the process. Razz
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:54 pm

I like school just have the leaving cert over two years Smile
Stephen
Stephen
Level 5
Level 5

https://www.youtube.com/alffbooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:20 pm

@Maggie That sounds like a good idea! I wish I did better on my ACT's but I just didn't care back then lol. I'm now regretting it. &yeah, I'm not sure why they deem it necessary to charge hundreds of dollars for a textbook, or a parking permit. It's like every little thing costs money. -_-
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:17 pm

@Shahira -- *Every little thing costs lots of money. Razz Seriously though, that's why Amanda and I aren't going to college this semester--don't have sufficient funds/scholarships and refuse to go into debt. Shocked
Renée
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lnlee Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

I am in my last year of public education and I am already marking the days til graduation. Oh, and I have to do college apps. *dies*
Lnlee
Lnlee
Level 1
Level 1

http://lylawrites.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:39 pm

@Shahira: College... expensive... yeah... sums it up. Neutral

@Renée & Maggie: I've considered that option occasionally... But then, I've got plenty of time to ponder it. Razz

@Lyla O_O Good luck with those! Sounds awful.
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down