Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight or Harry Potter?

+5
Mayaah
Shahira
Amanda
Sarah
Maggie
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twilight or Harry Potter? - Page 2 Empty Re: Twilight or Harry Potter?

Post  Stephen Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:36 pm

I read both Harry Potter and Twilight and they are both very well wrtten they are diferent styles so it is hard to compare them Smile
Stephen
Stephen
Level 5
Level 5

https://www.youtube.com/alffbooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Wed May 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Harry Potter all the way. I love the strong female characters, whereas in Twilight, Bella is really pathetic and relies on Edward to do everything for her. She has a complete break down when he leaves. In Harry Potter the females stick up for themselves. Yes, Ginny would be heart broken if anything happened to Harry, but she would still continue fighting!

That being said, I am happy to sit down with my Twilight books; when its really cold outside and I am feeling kind of brain dead. They are a light, easy read and very entertaining.
Misty
Misty

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Wed May 04, 2011 8:21 pm

P.S I also grew up with Harry. I was in year three when I first found out about Harry. My mum has read every book out loud to the whole family (to me, sister, dad). It has been a very family oriented event. Even now we are planning a family trip with the cinema when the finally movie comes out. It should be really exciting!
Misty
Misty

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigid Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:39 pm

This debate always terrifies me. You people seem way less hot-headed than other people I've encountered on the internet though, so ... yaaay. Smile

I've read both series. And, I loved both.

Twilight is a light read––and no, Stephenie Meyer's writing is not the hottest thing on earth. But, I get kind of tired of people bashing her all the time. I didn't think the series was trying to be amazingly deep or anything; they were supposed to be entertaining. And for me, they were. Plus, I have fond memories of discussing them with my friends and my mom and my sister, etc. So it's kind of a sentimental attachment as well.

Harry Potter is just ... in its own league. The world-building is phenomenal, the characters are great, and it blows my mind how thoroughly J.K. Rowling planned the whole series. Obviously, a lot more effort went into it than what went into Twilight. However, that's true when you compare Harry Potter to pretty much all YA series on the planet. The only reason why people compare Harry Potter and Twilight is because they're both popular. And they're both fantasy. The similarities pretty much end there, which is why I don't like comparing them much.

Basically, Harry Potter is dinner and Twilight is dessert. Harry Potter is more filling and healthier for you, whereas Twilight is sugary and makes you feel kinda guilty ... but it's still delicious, too.
Brigid
Brigid
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum