Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many words

+2
Sarah
Maggie
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many words Empty How many words

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:32 pm

How many words is your current WIP right now?
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How many words Empty Re: How many words

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:04 pm

About 35,600!!!!!! I'm a little over that but not by much so I just rounded Smile What about you?
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm at ~84,600! Smile And at 5,700 on the WIP that I'm...heh...supposed to be saving for NaNoWriMo. Progress is progress, right? Laughing I second the question--what about you?
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Amanda wrote:I'm at ~84,600! Smile And at 5,700 on the WIP that I'm...heh...supposed to be saving for NaNoWriMo. Progress is progress, right? Laughing I second the question--what about you?

84,600!!!! Um, wow! What genre is it? Is that word count the norm for the genre? I can't believe you can write that much!
Lol, well, I look at it this way, by the time NaNoWriMo comes around you'll probably have a whole new idea to work on Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayaah Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 pm

My new/current WIP is about 3K. Smile I just started last Friday and hopefully plan on writing some more today!
Mayaah
Mayaah
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.twitter.com/mayaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Mayaah wrote:My new/current WIP is about 3K. Smile I just started last Friday and hopefully plan on writing some more today!

That's awesome! I always love when I start a new story! Can you tell us what it's about, if you can't I totally understand Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:03 pm

I am at 10.1k exactly. Very Happy I wrote about three hundred this week, but I've been busy, so, it's not as much progress as I wanted. I guess I'm just stuck on this one part. Really, I shouldn't be stuck at all, because it's practice. I know it's practice, and I've told myself a hundred times that it is practice, but I haven't written it because it seems like it'll come out bad. Rolling Eyes I think I'm going to force myself to break through this scene tonight, so I can get on to the exciting part I really want to write--I've been dreaming about it for weeks.
Renée
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Wow, you guys are blowing me out of the water! My WIP is just over 2k because I just started it...like, two weeks ago now. *shame* I've had no time to write. It's terrible!

Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Renee wrote:I am at 10.1k exactly. Very Happy I wrote about three hundred this week, but I've been busy, so, it's not as much progress as I wanted. I guess I'm just stuck on this one part. Really, I shouldn't be stuck at all, because it's practice. I know it's practice, and I've told myself a hundred times that it is practice, but I haven't written it because it seems like it'll come out bad. Rolling Eyes I think I'm going to force myself to break through this scene tonight, so I can get on to the exciting part I really want to write--I've been dreaming about it for weeks.

10.1k is really good! I love when I dream about scenes! Oh, I know we should do one of those support hotline group things (you know, but online) where everyones on call to support the person! I'll take the 8-9 shift! Lol Jk, but really, if you need any help with ideas or something I'm willing to brainstorm! Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Lizzy wrote:Wow, you guys are blowing me out of the water! My WIP is just over 2k because I just started it...like, two weeks ago now. *shame* I've had no time to write. It's terrible!

But your super busy with the forum! And your doing a great job with the forum so don't be too hard on yourself Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Sarah wrote:
But your super busy with the forum! And your doing a great job with the forum so don't be too hard on yourself Smile

Ehh, thanks. You're too kind. Razz I need to figure out a good way to manage my time better.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Sarah wrote:

Ehh, thanks. You're too kind. Razz I need to figure out a good way to manage my time better.

Scheduling! Or maybe have some one help you with your work. That's what I do when I have to much going on, I start assigning my sister jobs! Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 pm

LOL! *is very tempted* Watch out, sister!

I do need to schedule myself better. I'm just afraid to face the reality of how much I'm trying to balance. Razz You're definitely right, though.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Lizzy wrote:LOL! *is very tempted* Watch out, sister!

I do need to schedule myself better. I'm just afraid to face the reality of how much I'm trying to balance. Razz You're definitely right, though.

Lol! You have a sister? Tell her I said run! Haha
I know what you mean, I started scheduling last year cause of all my school work and I kept on thinking that I liked it better when I was oblivious to how much I had to do! But, it eventually gets easier and it makes time to do more of what you want to do instead of what you have to do Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:14 am

Scheduling is something I seriously need to work on. &my sleep schedule is so bad right now. No

But my current WIP is about 58,000.
affraid <-- is how I feel when I think about editing that sucker...lol.
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 am

Sarah wrote:
84,600!!!! Um, wow! What genre is it? Is that word count the norm for the genre? I can't believe you can write that much!
Lol, well, I look at it this way, by the time NaNoWriMo comes around you'll probably have a whole new idea to work on Smile
It's fantasy, which is usually between 80-100k, but can go up to 120k. I'm probably going to end up around 110k, when it's finished.
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:59 am

Sarah wrote:
10.1k is really good! I love when I dream about scenes! Oh, I know we should do one of those support hotline group things (you know, but online) where everyones on call to support the person! I'll take the 8-9 shift! Lol Jk, but really, if you need any help with ideas or something I'm willing to brainstorm! Smile
I'll take 9-10! Razz
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 am

Shahira wrote:Scheduling is something I seriously need to work on. &my sleep schedule is so bad right now. No

That's awesome!
That is sooo how I feel when I think of editing anything anymore. Normally I would just write a story and just call it 'done' because it was really just practice for me. I just started editing my WIP's and omg I had no clue how hard it was! I hope the editing goes smoothly! (and quickly Smile )
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Amanda wrote:
Sarah wrote:
It's fantasy, which is usually between 80-100k, but can go up to 120k. I'm probably going to end up around 110k, when it's finished.

Wow! I have no clue how you can do that! I think that just writing 60k is hard!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Amanda wrote:
Sarah wrote:
I'll take 9-10! Razz

Lol Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

*agrees with Sarah*

I didn't know that Fantasy was 80-100k. My last fantasy novel finished at 71k, I think, and I was seriously proud of that. Shocked *wonders how you could possibly make it any longer*
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Lizzy wrote:*agrees with Sarah*

I didn't know that Fantasy was 80-100k. My last fantasy novel finished at 71k, I think, and I was seriously proud of that. Shocked *wonders how you could possibly make it any longer*

I am now and officially grateful that I write YA paranormal. The norm for that is 50-70k Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Sarah wrote:
Shahira wrote:Scheduling is something I seriously need to work on. &my sleep schedule is so bad right now. No

That's awesome!
That is sooo how I feel when I think of editing anything anymore. Normally I would just write a story and just call it 'done' because it was really just practice for me. I just started editing my WIP's and omg I had no clue how hard it was! I hope the editing goes smoothly! (and quickly Smile )
I would usually write some then go back & edit right away. But I was so into editing it to perfection that I never finished anything. But with NaNo, I wrote the entire thing, no editing, &now that I have to do it, it just seems like so much.
But thanks. Smile Hope for the same for your WIP!
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Shahira wrote:
Sarah wrote:

That's awesome!
I would usually write some then go back & edit right away. But I was so into editing it to perfection that I never finished anything. But with NaNo, I wrote the entire thing, no editing, &now that I have to do it, it just seems like so much.
But thanks. Smile Hope for the same for your WIP!

You can try what I do, I tell myself that I'm going to edit one chapter a day and then I make myself sit down and do it. I guess it depends on how many chapters you have but maybe it would help Smile and thanks!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Sarah wrote:You can try what I do, I tell myself that I'm going to edit one chapter a day and then I make myself sit down and do it. I guess it depends on how many chapters you have but maybe it would help Smile and thanks!
That actually sounds like a good idea. Smile Thanks for the suggestion. It's not so overwhelming when I think about it in sections, you know?
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next