Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could visit one country..

+4
Renée
Amanda
Sarah
Maggie
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you could visit one country.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you could visit one country..

Post  Maggie Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:31 am

Scribbler wrote:

I live in Australia and we have no yellow school buses. If I saw one, I'd probably have a massive tourist moment and take a whole heap of pictures with it, making a fool of myself in the process. Embarassed

(The quote worked! Wink )

Wow! That's so cool. I never knew that. ^^
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

If you could visit one country.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you could visit one country..

Post  Shahira Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

@Sarah Albuquerque is amazing. Smile I actually like it a lot. I have this weird obsession with trees so I'm liking that aspect of it. But sometimes it feels a bit claustrophobic because it gets humid & the tree's are EVERYWHERE. Shocked In a way though, it helps me write. It gets me in the mood. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Well that's good that it's helping you with your writing Smile I couldn't live without trees, I grew up climbing thm so I have to have some in my yard and at least one nature trail near by, I'm glad it's not humid where I live
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I love trees Smile so beautiful, old and wise looking xD
Stephen
Stephen
Level 5
Level 5

https://www.youtube.com/alffbooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 pm

@Sarah I've always wanted to climb trees but I just never did as a kid lol. Actually, I always wanted a tree house. How cool would that be? Smile

@Stephen Yeah, they are. Smile I love watching the sunset through the trees. So beautiful.
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 am

@Shahira

We had a tree house when I was a kid! Except...it was more like a tree-platform. It never had any walls. Just the skeletons of walls. But we used to hang blankets up to make walls and play up there. It was so much fun! Then we had to take it down. :/
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I had an older brother so learning to climb trees was a necessity lol I always wanted a tree house too! Ever since I read the magic tree house books when I was a kid Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:52 pm

LOL Sarah...yeah, brothers + trees = you learning to climb them too. ^^ In most cases.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Lol, brother+tree = equals falling out of them too. Haha, he used to show off cause he could make it to the very top... Until he got to heavy for the branches
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Haha, same here!! He'd go way to the top until we'd get nervous. And yeah, I gave myself a fear of heights from falling so much. Laughing Brothers, brothers!
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Haha, after my neighbor fell out of a tree and broke his arm I refused to climb very high, so at least I ecsaped being scarred for life lol
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:38 pm

I have two older brothers but I guess we never really had a tree to climb lol. We would run around acting like power rangers though. Embarassed &one of my brothers was obsessed with that lame wrestling so I'd get thrown around a lot. Shocked That explains A LOT lol.

I've always dreamed of a magic tree house lol. That would've been SO cool.
Lizzy, your tree house sounds cool. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Lol, that sounds like me and my brother. Except we used to pretend that those pez candys were magic pills and we stole them from a top secret lab and they gave us super powers if we ate them (I thought of it, he went along with it for the candy lol) My brother, thankfully, was not into wrestling. He was always way bigger and taller than me so that would have ended badly.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Shahira wrote:I have two older brothers but I guess we never really had a tree to climb lol. We would run around acting like power rangers though. Embarassed &one of my brothers was obsessed with that lame wrestling so I'd get thrown around a lot. Shocked That explains A LOT lol.

I've always dreamed of a magic tree house lol. That would've been SO cool.
Lizzy, your tree house sounds cool. Smile

LOL! That's so cute. xD

Yeah, it was kinda cool. It was fun for us at the time. Very Happy
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Haha wow, that's pretty awesome!! We never made up cool scenarios like that. We just, like, played baseball..lame stuff like that. lol.
My brother was always taller & bigger. I don't know how I made it out alive. No

@Lizzy I bet it was. Smile
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:03 pm

It's probably for the best that you guys didn't think of stuff like that, my imagination got me really close to thinking I could ride a ballon down to my living room. In other words if it weren't for my mom stopping me before I jumped off the balcony I probably wouldn't be here haha

I played baseball to, then they would always yell at me cause I would hit the ball really far but could never hit it that far during a game lol. I know the feeling! I'm surprised my brother didn't land me in therapy with all the crazy stuff we did.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm

That's crazy! I was always scared of heights so I would've never thought of doing that. Although, I did trip on the roof when I was up there with my dad one time & I fell through the sky light thing. BUT my dad caught me just in time lol. That would've been..tragic. What a Face

Really? I mostly sucked. &would always get hit in the face with the ball. Lol I'm surprised my nose isn't permanently crooked.
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Omg you fell through a skylight?! That sounds traumatizing, even if your dad caught you!

lol, I grew up in a very athletic house, we had to do sports no matter what so I learned to play pretty good, through if I got hit in the nose ever I think I wouldn't have played!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 pm

lol yeah, it was pretty crazy. I was walking backwards & tripped. I've always been super clumsy. Embarassed

There was one day when I was just playing in the yard while my siblings played baseball & I got hit in the nose TWICE within like an hour. &they were playing with a soft ball which is big lol. I don't know why I didn't learn the first time around & just stay inside.
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Oh & I think it's awesome that you grew up in an athletic house. Smile My siblings & I were pretty active but I was never on a team or anything.
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm

@Shahira Thank goodness your dad was there to catch you!! LOL I tend to be notoriously clumsy, too. Always misnegotiating and running in to things. :\
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Same here, but I have yet to be able to say I fell of a roof, but you know as traumatizing as that would be that's cool that you could write about it now, like a super dramatic scene where the really clumsy MC trips and falls of a roof right as her crush passes by haha, sorry I'm in writing mode right now.

Ouch, I would have run into the house crying after the first ball hit me, I don't tolerate pain well.

Thank you, my mom and dad grew up playing sports so it was important for them that we got into it Smile

Last edited by Sarah on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 pm

@Sarah LOL! You have a point. You should write that into a book, Shahira! xD
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Shahira Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Haha I'm such a klutz. I'm constantly dropping things. &yes, frequently getting lost. This is why I avoid driving. Very Happy

I never thought about putting it into a story before. But now I might have to. Smile I just don't know if my MC can survive a fall like that haha.

Sarah, I did run in crying & once my nose stopped bleeding I went outside AGAIN, only to get hit a second time. I should've learned the first time.. Rolling Eyes
Shahira
Shahira
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Haha same here, I feel bad cause I don't do directions well and I get lost all the time and there's people on my road that are always lost and since I walk a lot they're always asking me for directions and I feel bad cause I don't know so I always have to send them up to my house and get my mom for them lol.

That's why her older brother, who is on the roof with her after telling her if she didn't help him he would tell their parents about the bad thing she did, catches her just in time lol, you really don't have to use this but I'm having fun thinking of the scenario. Very Happy

Yeah, I would not have gone out the second time lol.
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum