Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could visit one country..

+4
Renée
Amanda
Sarah
Maggie
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

If you could visit one country.. - Page 3 Empty I would go to...

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:15 pm

No one else wants to go to Asia? Aw... Sad
I want to teach English in Korea and travel Asia in my free time(this only works after I've gotten a degree, but I can deal with that). I loooove Asian food... It's delicious. And then some. Very Happy
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

If you could visit one country.. - Page 3 Empty Re: If you could visit one country..

Post  Amanda Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:36 pm

WriteSpinner wrote:No one else wants to go to Asia? Aw... Sad
I want to teach English in Korea and travel Asia in my free time(this only works after I've gotten a degree, but I can deal with that). I loooove Asian food... It's delicious. And then some. Very Happy
I would LOVE to go to Asia, mainly Japan/China/Thailand/Singapore, but I had to pick one country, so I cheated and chose the one that included four-ish countries, the UK. There's no language barrier, which is also a plus. But I'm not actually a huge fan of European food(subtracting Italian), so Asia definitely wins for the food. As in, I would go just for the food, even if I wasn't totally fascinated by the history and culture. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

If you could visit one country.. - Page 3 Empty Re: If you could visit one country..

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh man, I'm kinda obsessed with Asia. Razz I discovered Korean and Japanese dramas a few months back, and Korean pop music... Holy cow, good stuff! Even if I can't understand anything they're saying. *gasp* Who knows what sort of ghastly things I'm listening to?!
Thailand is definitely my favorite food-wise. Spicy equals best, hands down.

But I see why you'd choose UK otherwise. I've wanted to go to Ireland since I was a wee lass. Wink If I had to choose my favorite accent, it would be Irish. That's half the reason to go to Ireland for me(other half being scenery).

Only Italian? Not... uh... Swiss(are they the ones with the good chocolate? Or was that somewhere else?)? I'm not overly fond of most European food besides Italian, either. You know, though, the best Italian I've ever had was actually in Asia(Philippines), so... yeah. Very Happy
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:29 pm

I only really like dark chocolate, so Ghiradelli(an American company, oddly enough) has my favorites. Smile I like Italian, assorted Asian(Chinese, Thai, ect. but not sushi), Mexican, and that's about it. Oh, and Subway, lol. They get their own category. Laughing So I guess that's only Italian. Wait! German. My mom makes a lot of German food, so I usually just count it as American, but it's not. And I really like European teas. But, then again, I like pretty much all tea, from everywhere, excluding Earl Grey. English and Irish Breakfast Teas are a main attraction. As for accents, I really like all of the UK ones, though I've recently come to love Scottish, after watching Braveheart. Razz
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm

I mostly agree with your food tastes. Except German. Never had much(or didn't realize if I did), so I don't have any opinion either way.
Teas... It really just depends on the teas. I like most. And if I only think they're okay, a little sweetener and milk fixes that nice and easy-like. My favorites are chai. Smile

I've never actually seen Braveheart. But I know a lady from Scotland. I like the accent. Just not as much as Irish.
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:23 pm

WriteSpinner wrote:No one else wants to go to Asia? Aw... Sad

I want to go to Korea too! All last summer I tried to learn Korean but then gave up because I needed language credits for school in the fall and couldn't afford Korean, so I chose French because there is more available.

Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah, finding some good Korean lessons took me a while. I'm using one called Talk To Me In Korean now. It's pretty good!
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum