Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself!

+42
CinderScoria
loonytuney
seonac
Alyssa
CostelloShields
StephanieD
Taylor15
Rachel
Lnlee
Brigid
Sarah Westen
KayeM
serena423
Bwood
Brittany
Becky
André
Taryn
Constance
Stephen
brookeisawesome
dy0ulee
charlotte.
Dragontamer
Renée
Nora Coon
ZombiesBeforeBedtime
Matthew
sinyr
Amanda
Stephanie
blue.
Hope G
Sarah
MariamM
JodiMeadows
Kristine
DianaIlinca
LeeMandel
AWriterGoneMad
Authoress
Maggie
46 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty Introduce Yourself!

Post  Maggie Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Welcome to the Write On! family!

We'd all love to get to know you better. Reply to this thread and introduce yourself. Here are some questions you can answer:

1. How old are you?
2. What do you like to write / read?
3. How long have you been writing?
4. How long have you been reading?
5. What's a random fact about you?
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy?

Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post  Authoress Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi everyone, and welcome to the WRITE ON! forums!!

Here's my little intro:

1. How old are you? Ageless, of course
2. What do you like to write / read? I write MG and YA science fiction and fantasy. I love to read the same, though my favorite author-of-all-time is Jane Austen.
3. How long have you been writing? Since I was 6!
4. How long have you been reading? Since I was 4-ish. (No, really.)
5. What's a random fact about you? I'm terrified of ants.
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Chocolate, naturally.
Authoress
Authoress
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AWriterGoneMad Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:24 pm

I'm hoping this doesn't look insanely weird. I've never posted on a forum before, ha ha...

1. How old are you? Seventeen. Or seventeen and a half if you want to get technical.

2. What do you like to write / read? I read adult books, mostly because I can understand the characters, not that I have anything against YA. I write adult thrillers, and tackle subjects such as mental illnesses, suicide, etc.

3. How long have you been writing? Would you believe me if I told you I can't remember?

For as long as I can remember, so I would say probably 2-3. I know it was LONG before school. I remember walking into kindergarten and wondering why they labeled everything; I already knew what a chair was, and I knew how to spell it! I didn't know other kids weren't always like me. It still makes me feel weird to say it, but I was in gifted classes for reading...just thought you should know in case my "geek" rears it's ugly head once in a while. College level texts don't do much for me these days.

My dog's veterinarian let me observe her spay (or ovariohysterectomy) from the O.R. counter when I was fourteen. I'll never forget it.

6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy?

That depends. I'm a health nut, so I'd check labels first. (Yes, I'd check labels at 4 in the morning...) Probably dried fruit or sunflower seeds.

AWriterGoneMad
AWriterGoneMad
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.thenotsodailydiariesofawritergonemad.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty Hi

Post  LeeMandel Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Hello all. This is a wonderful place. I'm glad to be part of it.

I'm far from being a teen, myself, but I like to read and write for teens and pre-teens. I also like to write and read picture books and stuff for younger kids, but I won't talk about that here. I currently have a book out for middle schoolers (Frog Burgers). My YA manuscript is out to a focus group right now, but from the feedback I've gotten so far, it's all good. (Yeah!)

Hmm, a random fact about me? Let's see... I'm not sure. I'm pretty up front about who I am and what I like and dislike. I'll have to come back to this one. And the four in the morning question, well, if I were awake ad four in the morning, which would be odd, because I usually can't make it past 10:30 p.m., and if I were outside, I'd probably be buying Yodels, although I like them cold, with a tall glass of milk.

I look forward to being a regular member of this forum.
Laughing

Hugs,
Lee
LeeMandel
LeeMandel

Back to top Go down

Post  DianaIlinca Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm

HIYA!
I love this place already!
I'm no longer a teen myself but I'm not old, either! I'm actually 23 years old Smile I love reading YA. The Ranger's Apprentice series has been my recent favorite. I also enjoyed Aprilynne Pike's Wings and Spells as well as Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush and Crescendo. That Becca knows how to write, let me tell you.

I write YA and edgy YA fantasy. My first book is being released as an ebook in June. I've been writing "novel-type" stuff since Freshman year of high school but I was writing poetry long before that.

How long have I been reading? Uhhhh...good question! I really can't say. I guess since I've been able to read the written word but I really got hijacked into fantasy with Bruce Coville's "Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher" and Vivianne Vande Velde's "Dragon's Bait."

A random fact about me...I love M*A*S*H...it makes me tear up and get all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hungry at 4AM...I'd buy Bagel Bites. No contest.
DianaIlinca
DianaIlinca

http://www.dianailinca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristine Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Hello, everyone! This is exciting! *excited* I'm Kristine.

1. How old are you?
I'm eighteen years old (so close to not being a teen any more... I don't want to be a non-teen). Also in college, studying journalism.

I adore YA fiction, for both reading and writing.

I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but I'd say that I started writing more seriously in my sophomore year of high school.

Forever? Seriously, a few years ago, many of my brother's friends knew me as my brother's sister, the "one who reads all the time and is super quiet." Not so much the case nowadays as far as the super quiet, but I still read tons.

I recently started interning for a literary agent (who will remain unnamed for general privacy reasons). For a more fun fact, I get more hyper off a piece of gum than I do off a candy bar. It's strange.

Chocolate covered raisins! Or chips. Actually, probably chips. Or those Snyder's honey mustard and onion pretzel pieces...

I look forward to meeting everyone! Thanks, Authoress, for setting this up! Also, Lizzy, I was told that I must inform you that you are awesome, because you are. You're awesome! Mad Writer, you're totes awesome as well, of course. (Would I just call you Mad?)

Last edited by Kristine on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kristine
Kristine

http://kristinekim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JodiMeadows Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:14 pm

1. How old are you? - Older than I feel, apparently.
2. What do you like to write / read? - YA! Mostly fantasy.
3. How long have you been writing? - Forever!
4. How long have you been reading? - Since 3rd grade.
5. What's a random fact about you? - Sometimes I play fetch with my cat.
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? - Chocolate. Duh.
JodiMeadows
JodiMeadows

http://www.jodimeadows.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AWriterGoneMad Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Kristine wrote:Hello, everyone! This is exciting! *excited* I'm Kristine.

1. How old are you?
I'm eighteen years old (so close to not being a teen any more... I don't want to be a non-teen). Also in college, studying journalism.

I adore YA fiction, for both reading and writing.

I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but I'd say that I started writing more seriously in my sophomore year of high school.

Forever?

I recently started interning for a literary agent (who will remain unnamed for general privacy reasons). For a more fun fact, I get more hyper off a piece of gum than I do off a candy bar. It's strange.

Chocolate covered raisins! Or chips. Actually, probably chips. Or those Snyder's honey mustard and onion pretzel pieces...

I look forward to meeting everyone! Thanks, Authoress, for setting this up! Also, Lizzy, I was told that I must inform you that you are awesome, because you are. You're awesome! Mad Writer, you're totes awesome as well, of course. (Would I just call you Mad?)

Hi Kristine,

Of course you can! I really AM mad, so it works out perfectly! Smile
AWriterGoneMad
AWriterGoneMad
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.thenotsodailydiariesofawritergonemad.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Kristine wrote:

Well THANKS! I can tell you're awesome too! Wink
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  MariamM Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello Very Happy This is awesome..

1. How old are you?
Seventeen. Cool

I write: YA fiction, especially mysteries, drama and sci-fi. Or the three of them combined.
But I read: Pretty much everything. YA & Adult. Paranormal and Non-fiction. Everything.

Since the 8th grade: short stories, novels and poetry. I love you

Ever since I could. And before I could, someone would read for me. It's an obsession, really.

I'm not afraid of wild animals such as lions and stuff. At all. If no one would stop me/send me to an asylum, I would play with a lion without any barriers between us.

Chocolate. And cake. And croissants. I wouldn't eat them all, but I tend to buy a lot when I'm hungry.

I'm also a junior in high school, a published author (ROSIE is my debut), and I really, really, REALLY want to see some snow. I've never seen it and I'd do absolutely anything to see and feel it ^^ Razz

Mariam
MariamM
MariamM

http://www.mariam-maarouf.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm not afraid of wild animals such as lions and stuff. At all. If no one would stop me/send me to an asylum, I would play with a lion without any barriers between us.

*loves*
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 pm

1. How old are you? - 15
2. What do you like to write / read? - Anything YA!
3. How long have you been writing? - Can't even remember, since I was like 5 or 6. I've always loved writing!
4. How long have you been reading? - Since 1st grade. Though I didn't really get into it until 3rd or 4th cause my brother use to test me after every chapter I read on what I read about (If I didn't get it right he would take the book away from me, and no I do not understand it either lol)
5. What's a random fact about you? - I love the color pink... all the characters I write about hate it Sad
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? - CANDY!!! Any kind of candy! But, I love shocktarts!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope G Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Oh man, I am SUCH an idiot. I didn't even notice this, so I went off and made a huge fool of myself by posting a new topic! Oh well.
1. How old are you?
Sweet Sixteen

I read anything that looks interesting, no discrimination here hehe. But seriously, from YA to non-fiction and literary fiction. I devour it all.
I mostly write YA, though I am playing around with literary fiction. But I'm really not up for that yet...

I was such a little freak, I started telling stories around toddler-age. But I've been writing ever since I could, you know? But not well. I've only started really writing since turning thirteen.

The better question is, when did I not read?

I really, really, really like fancy notebooks. But when I buy them, I am always afraid to "waste", so I basically have a collection of pretty, unused notebooks. Also, I'm kind of OCD with organization.

Doritos. I'm awful.
Hope G
Hope G

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I really, really, really like fancy notebooks. But when I buy them, I am always afraid to "waste", so I basically have a collection of pretty, unused notebooks.

Oh my! And I thought I was alone in this. You should see my notebook drawer- beautiful, empty notebooks!
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  blue. Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:34 pm

1. How old are you?
Kristine wrote:I'm eighteen years old (so close to not being a teen any more... I don't want to be a non-teen).
Same here!

2. What do you like to write / read? YA! Particularly, 'realistic' and dystopian fiction.

3. How long have you been writing? Since I was eight years old.

4. How long have you been reading? I got into reading when I was thirteen.

5. What's a random fact about you? I'm a Theater major.

6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Without a doubt - chocolate. Then, chips.
Healthy, huh? Razz
blue.
blue.

http://twitter.com/#!/Luna_Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 pm

I've been looking for a forum like this forever! Excited! Very Happy

1. How old are you?
twenty.

I read and write YA. Fantasy, paranormal, dystopian.

I started when I was 11.

I would say around 9 years old.

I'm addicted to chapstick. Got to have it with me at all times!

macaroni and cheese!
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Hope G wrote:Oh man, I am SUCH an idiot. I didn't even notice this, so I went off and made a huge fool of myself by posting a new topic! Oh well.

Haha, I feel much the same. So I'll come post my answers here. Embarassed

1. How old are you?

I'm seventeen, and sad that within the month, I will no longer be able to sing either part of the 'Sixteen Going On Seventeen' song from the Sound of Music and not lie about my age.

I like to read and write YA fantasy of all kinds, though I'll occasionally pick up a classic or contemporary novel. YA historicals are usually good, too. Oh, and I love dystopians. The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix is probably my favorite of all time.

I've been writing since four(perhaps you've heard of my illustrated novel, The Fox Nedid Diner), but more seriously since I was twelve. According to my mother, in first grade, I started a writing craze, because I wrote stories and all of my classmates thought that was the coolest thing. I really don't remember this at all.

I've been reading since I was about three(Bob's Books).

A random fact about me is that my favorite superhero is Spider-Man, all of my favorite movies involve tragedy(except Mrs. Doubtfire), and all my favorite TV shows involve comedy. I guess that's three random facts...three's a better number, anyway.

I'll think to buy chow mein, but can't, because the China Express isn't open yet, and I don't have any money, anyway.
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sinyr Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:20 pm

1. How old are you?
Magical fourteen.
Realistic YA, mostly. But I love Middle Grade and plain old Fiction. (For writing and reading.)
Uh... I got the idea into my head in about 5th grade. In 6th grade it developed but I wrote more bad poetry than anything. 7th, I wrote half a novel, and I guess I'd call it the year I got serious. Though I've got to say, there's something special about finishing your first novel - even if it's just a rough draft - which I did in NaNo 2010. I still can't believe I survived.
Reading? As long as I can remember! Reading more seriously? I got into basic classics last year - you know, The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher in the Rye. I've never been much into what my family considers to be "classic" - Dickens and the Brontes - though I have incredible respect for them.
I have a cat sitting on my lap as I type.
Cheez-Its. I've had a craving for them all day.

sinyr
sinyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey everybody!

1. How old are you? 17 (18 in March. I'm not sure how I feel about that)

2. What do you like to write / read? I usually read thrillers and action novels, preferably archaeological thrillers (think Lara Croft and Indiana Jones). As such, I'm currently writing my own archaeological thriller. I've read pretty much every genre though, including mystery, YA fantasy and woman's fiction.

3. How long have you been writing? I've been a writer my whole life. Before I could write properly, I remember dictating my stories to my mum, who wrote them down for me. My first "novel" (actually a novella) was a police procedural I wrote when I was 12.

4. How long have you been reading? Forever. I can't remember when I started, but I know that I was reading pretty big books for my age when I was 8.

5. What's a random fact about you? I'm from Australia. That automatically makes me cool, right? I live in Queensland, the state which has been hit by floods and cyclones all year, though I wasn't affected.

6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Chocolate. Ice cream. *drool*
Matthew
Matthew
Level 5
Level 5

http://www.matthewdodwell.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ZombiesBeforeBedtime Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 am

Hi, everyone. I've never posted on a forum before, so... here goes.

1. How old are you? I'm going to be 14 soon. =D
2. What do you like to write / read? Everything - a few of my favourites are YA, historical fiction and adventure. My favourite book is Retriubtion Falls, while my favourite series' are Skulduggery Pleasant and Vampirates.
3. How long have you been writing? Since I was about 7 years old.
4. How long have you been reading? Since I was 4. My first book that I actually fell in love with was about fairies.
5. What's a random fact about you? I'm going to teach myself to play the guitar.
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Something sweet. Cookies, chocolate, lollies... anything!
ZombiesBeforeBedtime
ZombiesBeforeBedtime

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:06 am

5. What's a random fact about you? I'm going to teach myself to play the guitar.

I'm totally doing the same thing.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Nora Coon Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:25 pm

1. How old are you?
I'm 22, but I sold my first books (nonfiction) when I was a teenager.

I'll read just about anything, fiction or nonfiction. I write primarily YA, from historical to sci-fi to contemporary - though I've never written straight-up romance.

Well, I learned to type in first grade, but there are definitely stories I wrote by hand before then. Let's just say a long time.

Since age four.

I spent five months as an intern with National Novel Writing Month.

Nutella. Of course.
Nora Coon
Nora Coon

http://www.noracoon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:12 pm

1. How old are you?
I'm 22, but I sold my first books (nonfiction) when I was a teenager.

Congrats! (About the book) You must have been so excited. Very Happy
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Nora Coon Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Lizzy wrote:Congrats! (About the book) You must have been so excited. Very Happy

There may have been some running around the house screaming. I was in high school, and I'm afraid I totally neglected school for writing. It all worked out in the end, though.
Nora Coon
Nora Coon

http://www.noracoon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristine Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Lizzy! I just realized you never answered your own questions! *stares at you, waiting for answers*

...Unless you did, and I am blind.
Kristine
Kristine

http://kristinekim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum