Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Write On! Forums
Welcome to the forums, WOTeen!
Write On! Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself!

+42
CinderScoria
loonytuney
seonac
Alyssa
CostelloShields
StephanieD
Taylor15
Rachel
Lnlee
Brigid
Sarah Westen
KayeM
serena423
Bwood
Brittany
Becky
André
Taryn
Constance
Stephen
brookeisawesome
dy0ulee
charlotte.
Dragontamer
Renée
Nora Coon
ZombiesBeforeBedtime
Matthew
sinyr
Amanda
Stephanie
blue.
Hope G
Sarah
MariamM
JodiMeadows
Kristine
DianaIlinca
LeeMandel
AWriterGoneMad
Authoress
Maggie
46 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post  Maggie Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Ehhh. I never did! *answers them sheepishly*

1. How old are you? I am sixteen, going on seventeen...
2. What do you like to write / read? I write mostly fantasy, but the lines blur and I cross over into other genres sometimes. I read mostly fantasy, but I have enjoyed dystopian, sci-fi and historical fiction before.
3. How long have you been writing? Since I was ten, officially, when I wrote my first novel. (If I can even call that mess of purple pros and other people's ideas a novel Wink )
4. How long have you been reading? I don't remember when I couldn't read.
5. What's a random fact about you? I like to make cakes. Just to celebrate life.
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? A bag of chocolate chips. Or tea.

There you go.
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

http://writeonteens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renée Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:29 am

Hello, I'm Renee! (And I'm on coffee, so please excuse my ramblings--I'm not usually this wordy.)

1) How old are you?

Eighteen by the end of the month! Shocked

2) What do you like to write/read?

I'm a non-discriminant reader--I'll read/write/arithmetic all sizes, shapes, and colors. But YA, mostly--except the racier stuff, horror, and horror-like thrillers. (I'm paranoid, okay?! tongue But sort of.)

Right now, I have plans for novels in the vaguely-medieval-romance, soft sci-fi, and YA historical-fantasy departments. Oh, and a YA contemporary-fantasy. As long as the writing/plot/characters are good, I'm in. (I say vague and soft because I'm lazy. And I like short sentences, slashes, and em-dashes. Can you tell?)

3) How long have you been writing?

Since I could read, so, pretty much as long as I can remember. I've functioned as an editor for the past six years, (only been at all good at it for the past four,) but I've been semi-seriously writing for a year and a half now. I'm a baby, I know.

4. How long have you been reading?

Bob Books are the bomb--say that five times fast. To answer the question, I don't know. I've always been in love with books and had dreams of making my own--kind of like cookies. Mi madre taught me well before kindergarten (she's a teacher), and then I taught my stuffed animals. They weren't very attentive.

5) What's a random fact about you?

I'm interested in every subject in the world, *Ancient Death Machines!!!* which makes picking a major tough. My current and most likely pick is English because it's awesome. (Why else would I be here, right?) Oh, and I have a twin. My twin's name is Amanda. *Hi Amanda!* Razz

6) It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy?

Green tea ice cream from Haagen Daz. Oo-de-lally!
Renée
Renée
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragontamer Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 am

Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth, and I'm new to Write On! but it looks like a real fun site. Very Happy

1) How old are you? I'm fifteen years old.

2) What do you like to write/read? Mostly YA fiction novels/short stories, though most of my short stories turn out to be 'longer' stories instead.

3) How long have you been writing? I can't remember the exact date, but I probably officially started around three/three-and-a-half years ago.

4) How long have you been reading? My mom says since I was about five-ish. I love to read fiction, but find it hard to add to my collection of 'favorites'. I would rather read a favorite book over again than start a new one. Embarassed

5) What's a random fact about you? My favorite singer is Micheal W. Smith, followed by Josh Groban.

6) It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Umm... Dill Pickles or Pop Tarts. Very Happy Yumm!
Dragontamer
Dragontamer
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 am

Dragontamer wrote:Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth, and I'm new to Write On! but it looks like a real fun site. Very Happy

1) How old are you? I'm fifteen years old.

2) What do you like to write/read? Mostly YA fiction novels/short stories, though most of my short stories turn out to be 'longer' stories instead.

3) How long have you been writing? I can't remember the exact date, but I probably officially started around three/three-and-a-half years ago.

4) How long have you been reading? My mom says since I was about five-ish. I love to read fiction, but find it hard to add to my collection of 'favorites'. I would rather read a favorite book over again than start a new one. Embarassed

5) What's a random fact about you? My favorite singer is Micheal W. Smith, followed by Josh Groban.

6) It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Umm... Dill Pickles or Pop Tarts. Very Happy Yumm!

Hi Elizabeth!!! Welcome to Write On! I'm Sarah Smile
I'm 15 too! Isn't it funny when you say somethings just going to be a "short story" and it turns out being way longer than what you thought it would? I re-read a lot of books too, mostly because I know that if I start a new series I'll go broke trying to buy all the books in it Smile
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  charlotte. Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 pm

1. How old are you? It's a secret? Smile 13 - 18, that's for sure.
2. What do you like to write / read? Young Adult Fiction and Fantasy mostly... actually, completely.
3. How long have you been writing? I don't remember a time when I didn't have a story floating around in my head.
4. How long have you been reading? Fairly early but I don't remember.
5. What's a random fact about you? I'm also a competitive dancer and have even competed at the world dance championships! So, besides writing I'm kept quite busy.
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Ice Cream, for sure. I can't live without that stuff.
charlotte.
charlotte.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:55 pm

charlotte. wrote:1. How old are you? It's a secret? Smile 13 - 18, that's for sure.
2. What do you like to write / read? Young Adult Fiction and Fantasy mostly... actually, completely.
3. How long have you been writing? I don't remember a time when I didn't have a story floating around in my head.
4. How long have you been reading? Fairly early but I don't remember.
5. What's a random fact about you? I'm also a competitive dancer and have even competed at the world dance championships! So, besides writing I'm kept quite busy.
6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? Ice Cream, for sure. I can't live without that stuff.

Hi Charlotte! Welcome to Write On!
My sister use to do competitive dance for a while, it's so fun to watch! She decided to stop it to go into competitive cheer instead though
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  dy0ulee Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:34 am

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the whole writing scene. Have been blogging for a while, and lurked around the publishing/ literary industry blogs, and only now trying out my hand at writing. Right now, I'm focusing more on the actual writing.

1. How old are you?
Nineteen. The thought of adulthood scares me.

2. What do you like to write / read?
What I like to read: Usually paranormal/ fantasy YA books. Once I've had my fill of them, I move on to contemporary with a touch of magic.
What I like to write: Anything. I just write down the scenes that come into my head.

3. How long have you been writing?
Hoping to start writing seriously now, what with the end of finals and the long break before uni. Smile

4. How long have you been reading?
Ever since I can remember. Earliest memory is of memorising the train station names when I was three, so I can proudly recite them back to my dad.

5. What's a random fact about you?
The first romance I read contained a pair of lacy, jade green panties. I'm not sure why that particular fact is still stuck in my head.

6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy?
A Zinger from KFC. Alright, so they don't sell them at grocery stores, so I'll just look for any burgers. NOM NOM NOM.
dy0ulee
dy0ulee

http://www.liyanaland.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Welcome to Write On! Very Happy
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  brookeisawesome Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:04 pm

1. How old are you? 13
2. What do you like to write / read? I love books I can relate to, and I try to write books for teens my age so that my friends can critic them. Smile
3. How long have you been writing? Oh jeeze. Forever? I guess ever since I was old enough. Razz
4. How long have you been reading? Same as above. Smile
5. What's a random fact about you? My username is not my name. It was made by my best friend, Brooke. Razz Just saying, my name isn't Brooke.
It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? I luuuurrrrrvvvve candy! So maybe like Swedish Berries or Sour Keys? Yuum! <3 I love you

Other Stuff:
My favorite color is blue, I am a very happy person, and I live in a dreary part of Canada, so any writing about setting will be dull. Razz Unless I'm taking ideas from the many places I've traveled.

That's all! Bubi!
brookeisawesome
brookeisawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome to Write On! Very Happy

Btw, I love your profile picture, it's so cool!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:21 pm

1. How old are you? I am 15 and I am in 5th year(I think because the french system is diferent it could be fourth xD)

2. What do you like to write / read? I write short stories, poems and about anything I feel like writing(a lot)

3. How long have you been writing? since I can write, so about the age of 5 or 6 Smile

4. How long have you been reading? same as writing 5 or 6 in french only xD I learnt to read in english when I was 8 as well as german.

5. What's a random fact about you? I don't like team sports?(is that random enough? xD) I don't watch TV. I love travelling. I don't think I'm funny, even though some people say I am. I like colors xD

6. It's 4 in the morning. You find yourself in a grocery store and very hungry. What's the first thing you think to buy? I would forget I was hungry if I found a good book xD
Stephen
Stephen
Level 5
Level 5

https://www.youtube.com/alffbooks

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  - Page 2 Empty 'Ello

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi peoples. Smile
I woulda been here sooner(I found Miss Snark's First Victim around Thanksgiving), but alas, my blog reading time has been suffering. But now that I know it exists, I'm totally psyched! A teen version of MSFV? Heck YES!

Ahem. Anyway. So, on to the questions.
How old am I? I turned sixteen a couple months ago.
What do I read? I love to read a ton of different genres; whether I like something depends more on the author/story/writing/whether or not one of my favorite characters dies off/etc, than on the genre itself. Only genres I won't touch are horror and/or thriller(I'm still not sure what the difference is...?).
Writing... I love writing urban fantasy/fantasy/sci-fi YA. I got a ton of different story ideas, and if I get stuck on one(And by stuck, I mean 'I haven't written in weeks cause I'm stuck', not 'I'm bored with this story so I'm stuck'), I usually just move to the next.
I've been writing for about 3 years(ever since a friend started and I suddenly realized, 'Hey! I could do that too!!!')
I've been one of those nose-in-the-book types since I can remember.
Random fact... Chronological or alphabetical order? Razz Eh... I'm trying to learn Korean cause I'm moving to South Korea at the end of summer.
First, I'd stand and consider what I want, then that little voice in the back of my head that sounds like my mom and/or sister would admonish me and tell me to get something healthy... So I'd go find some Bolthouse(fruit drink––healthy and yummy, so there).
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Welcome to Write On! Korea sounds so cool!!!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks! And yep, I'm pretty excited. Smile Learning another language is hard, though...!
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:12 pm

I know, I'm trying to learn spanish and it is soo hard, and it's supposed to be the easiest language to learn!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Is it? Heh. Ya think I'd know it by now, given that. Razz My mom's been trying to get me to learn Spanish for years.

Did you know there's actually an artificial language called Esperanto supposedly only takes 3 weeks to learn and 6 months to master(Take that with some salt; I coulda remembered wrong). It's similar to the romance languages(Spanish, French, Italian, etc). Maybe you should try learning that first. I hear if you learn one language similar ones follow easy. I would totally learn it, if I wasn't working on Korean right now...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Thank you Smile I'm soo going to try to learn it now!!!
Sarah
Sarah
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Very Happy
Let's chat when I've learned it. After I've, y'know finished Korean... Let's hope I'm not dead by then... Razz
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Welcome WriteSpinnner! You're learning Korean? I started that at one point! Very Happy
Maggie
Maggie
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Sweet! I'd ask why you stopped, but you already said. Razz
Constance
Constance
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I hope the fact that I'm actually posting, rather than lurking, means I'm planning to get more active *fingers crossed*

I turned 18 last month, which makes me said because I can technically call myself an adult, but I'm already in college (freshman. KY. bored.). I've written 9 full novels since 8th grade (age 12) which span, in order, epic fantasy, drama, inspirational, magical realism, epic fantasy, romance, thriller, mystery, and now dystopian. They're all YA, and I read basically everything YA, some adult thrillers, adult fantasy...okay, I read everything. I started reading when I was two and never stopped.

As far as random facts go, my other passion is swimming, and I finished 8th at nationals this year. If I were in a grocery store at 4 AM, I would probably be on my way to swim practice, and thus I would purchase a box of donuts to satiate myself and the rest of my team. (This is not a hypothetical situation. Every week, we traded off bringing donuts to practice, and it was actually 4:30 AM lol)
Taryn
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Post  André Tue May 03, 2011 3:45 pm

*stops lurking and decides to actually post*

Heya! A lot of you know me already and if you don't then you're lucky.

...that's my introduction. *is either allergic to introductions or just lazy* ^_^
André
André
Level 1
Level 1

http://herebejack.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Tue May 03, 2011 4:05 pm

I vote slight allergy but mostly lazy. Razz
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Taryn Tue May 03, 2011 4:10 pm

See, I vote completely lazy, since he wrote a halfway decent intro for Noveltee(n). It wouldn't have taken much effort to just post a link here . . .
Taryn
Taryn
Level 4
Level 4

http://tarynalbright.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Tue May 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Good point. Can I change my vote? (Yes, I think I can. Smile)
Amanda
Amanda
Level 5
Level 5

http://amanda-the-aspiring.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum